At Bunge, people don't just come here to work, they come here to grow - solving challenges that directly impact the world with a diverse team of thinkers and doers. Bunge offers a strong compensation and benefits package, generous paid time off program, flexible work arrangements, and opportunity to progress. Our hybrid work environment provides a balance of in office and remote work. Most importantly, in all we do we live our values:
* Act as One Team by fostering inclusion, collaboration, and respect
* Drive for Excellence by being agile, innovative and efficient
* Do What's Right by acting safely, ethically, and sustainably
Role Purpose Statement:
This position will be responsible for assisting the Director, Corporate Operations in all aspects of accounting and reporting for BG's Corporate and Other activities, including its Holdings and Finance companies (non-commercial investment and financing vehicles), captive insurance company, venture capital activities, designated hedge programs, and Corporate. This position will be an effective business partner to key functional groups by providing financial reporting and internal solutions necessary to optimize the organization's capital structure, thus minimizing funding cost and ensuring financial risks are effectively hedged, while also helping implement best in class global processes and systems. This position will also ensure that all Holdings and Finance and Corporate Controlling activities meets local statutory, US GAAP, and SEC financial reporting requirements, while maintaining a strong control environment in compliance with both SOX and internal policies and procedures.
Financial Reporting (40%)
* Supporting the Holdings and Finance month-end financial reporting close process, including reviews of key components such as FX and interest rate derivative MtM calculations, intercompany loan/funding reconciliations, stock compensation plans, GL to OS reconciliations, etc.)
* Preparing quality Holding and Finance company financial statements and related SEC/SFAS reporting packages, both for group reporting purposes (OS), and for local statutory reporting purposes.
* Supporting the effective and controlled transition of reporting tasks from existing decentralized teams to the BBS organization or centralized centers of excellence, where applicable.
* Additional Corporate and Other activity reporting matters (devising solutions for internal tax reorganizations, stock-based compensation programs, etc.)
Capital Structure Optimization (30%)
* Improving and standardizing reporting activities across Holdings and Finance companies, including:
* Implementing IT systems enhancements to facilitate group financing activities (Intercompany mirroring, cash management etc.)
* Working closely with Tax and Treasury to identify opportunities to simplify the Holdings and Finance company structure, by eliminating unnecessary legal entities and reducing effective tax rates.
* Working with Treasury and Tax to identify improvements to Bunge's group capital structure, then helping to develop and correctly execute related financing transactions (loans, capital injections, dividends, PIIL declarations, etc.).
* Working with Treasury and external financing partners to identify and transfer suitable group operating companies into BG's securitization programs and managing related month end accounting and reporting impacts.
Strategy/Competitiveness/Business Support (25%)
* Partnering with business leadership, Tax, Treasury and Corporate Development teams to optimally structure and execute strategic investment decisions (e.g. what companies or other structures should be used to make mergers, acquisitions, etc.).
* Participating in the business planning and forecasting process to launch and maintain a zero-based-budget across Corporate and Other activities companies, as well as helping to ensure that financial projections are properly reported and in line with global requirements.
* Supporting the Director, Corporate Operations and in-house US GAAP technical experts to research and accurately advise on technical accounting issues related to strategic transactions, including major capex, business combinations, financial instruments and other complex areas.
* Helping develop a strong Controlling organization, with solid bench strength, that is trained and equipped with the appropriate skills and competencies to achieve high performance in our financial reporting, control, and business partnering roles in Controlling.
SOX, Internal Control and Audit (5%)
* Designing and operating SOX compliant controls and related processes across Bunge's Corporate and Other activities:
* Developing and deploying best in class SOX documentation for financial close related controls.
* Working with the SOX team to ensure that management testing program is completed to a high quality, each year.
* Coordinating and monitoring action plan/deficiency resolution.
* Training and developing both Finance and non-Finance staff on COSO and SOX requirements.
* Cascading relevant BG policies governing how assets are safeguarded and records are maintained.
* Supporting relationships with Global Internal Audit, monitoring the resolution of audit recommendations across Holdings and Finance companies.
* Liaising with external auditors, as required, to monitor the overall audit process, address audit requests in a timely, efficient and consistent manner, and ensure that any findings are adequately addressed to mitigate any risk.
* Comprising both US GAAP and local statutory audit requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* Strong leadership, technical expertise and experience working in controlling, US GAAP and SEC financial reporting roles; U.S. multinational experience with Corporate holdings or investment/financing companies desired.
* Experience and desire to work across multiple cultures and cross functional business environments.
* Excellent communication, analytical and presentation skills and the ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels in the organization.
* Flexibility to prioritize multiple responsibilities and activities in high pressure situations.
* Self-starter with the ability to take initiative and work independently; proactive towards problems and issues.
* Degree in Finance / Economics. Qualified accountant or equivalent (CPA, etc.) is a strong plus
* 5+ years in progressive leadership roles across controlling and / or finance with an agricultural commodity or food ingredient business experience preferred.
* Excellent SAP skills.
* Good knowledge of US GAAP, SOX, SEC requirements.
* Limited travel required.
Bunge (NYSE: BG) is a world leader in sourcing, processing and supplying oilseed and grain products and ingredients. Founded in 1818, Bunge's expansive network feeds and fuels a growing world, creating sustainable products and opportunities for more than 70,000 farmers and the consumers they serve across the globe. The company is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri and has 25,000 employees worldwide who stand behind more than 350 port terminals, oilseed processing plants, grain facilities, and food and ingredient production and packaging facilities around the world.
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Nearest Major Market: St Louis
Job Segment: Sustainable Agriculture, Corporate Finance, Accounting, Operations Manager, Internal Audit, Agriculture, Finance, Operations
- Business Planning
- Business Support Systems