This position is not a traditional inside sales role! The inside sales representative has the same roles and responsibilities as a traditional field sales role within Cardinal Health’s Medical Solutions organization, utilizing remote solution-based concept selling skills to the US Acute and Non-Acute marketplace. Occasional travel in territory is required. The inside sales representative is responsible for meeting and exceeding sales goals, working in partnership with sales support functions and sales and marketing leadership to accelerate growth and ensure an overall positive customer experience.
This position is located at our Mansfield, MA offices.
- Utilize selling strategies and technologies to exceed business expectations for assigned territory by creating actionable SMART Territory Sales Plan executed to create, manage and close opportunities
- Meet or exceed required selling activity metrics set by sales leadership
- Utilize digital technology platforms and data to analyze territory and effectively target accounts
- Effectively manage sales pipeline via CRM platform
- Master features, benefits and value of assigned product portfolio and present these to clinical and economic call points utilizing situational sales methodology
- Present proposals, negotiate pricing and effectively differentiate Cardinal Health’s Medical segment’s product offerings
- Build consultative relationships with clinicians, supply chain partners and end users. Maintain positive working relationships with Distribution and GPO partners. Maintain active presence at top accounts.
- In-service accounts by demonstrating product applications, functionality and use both in-person and remote through web-based technologies
- Maintain knowledge of the current industry/competitive landscape including, GPO’s, healthcare economics, reimbursement, competitors and competitive products etc.
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, training programs, conventions, and tradeshows as directed
- Some overnight travel required for attendance of regional and divisional events including customer meetings and presentations, customer education, training meetings, and national sales meetings
- Complete all required administrative tasks including expense management, new business forms, etc.
- Responsible for obtaining and keeping up to date records for vaccinations, TB tests, flu shots, and other credentials required by accounts in your territory
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Knowledge of the medical supplies/device business and healthcare environment
- Strong past achievement record including quota attainment and exceeding sales objectives
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, extreme attention to detail, and ability to prioritize
- Ability to successfully engage and interact with customers
- Proficiency in digital applications and remote selling technologies (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce.com.)
- Adept at listening and articulating in both oral and written communication
- Excellence in process management and organizational agility
- Bachelor’s Degree or previous documented medical sales experience required
- Minimum two years documented sales success or equivalent experience, preferably tangible products (i.e. office equipment, copiers, payroll systems, IS systems).
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.