More than a spa resort, health retreat, or luxury hotel, Miraval Austin is an unrivaled wellbeing space that puts purpose and people at our core, serving as a catalyst for changing lives and celebrating individuality. We are currently seeking Security Officer to share our Vision – to be the most imaginative, authentic and meaningful wellness experience. Under the general direction of Human Resources, the Security Officer is responsible for welcoming all guests to Miraval and escorting them to and from their rooms, transporting their luggage, orienting them with the features of the property and their accommodations. Along with assisting the guest in any way to make them feel more comfortable, this position will monitor and patrol assigned areas to provide a safe environment for guests and employees. We are looking for colleagues who can make a connection to our guests, are empathetic and compassionate, and are engaging and friendly. This position is expected to work all shifts.
As part of the Hyatt and Miraval family, we offer a complete benefits package including:
- Free parking and colleague meal.
- Discount Hyatt nights.
- Use of facilities, ability to participate in classes, and discounts on Spa services.
- 401(k) and ESPP.
Miraval associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it is career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.Qualifications
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- At least one year of customer service experience, preferably within the hospitality industry
- Previous security experience preferred
- Available for varied shifts, including weekends and evenings, overnights and holidays
- Must be able to safely lift and maneuver up to 50 lbs. from different levels and onto carts and vehicles
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to drive a golf cart is a safe manner
- Great verbal communication skills
- Able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Able to remain calm at all times
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- CPR/First Aid Certification Preferred