Travel Required: None Public Trust: None Requisition Type: Regular
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that's important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day. We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can't turn into opportunity.
Our work depends on a Network Engineer joining our team to support JSP-ETM activities at the Pentagon.
The Network Engineer is responsible for installing, configuring, monitoring and maintaining network devices (switches, routers) of data and communications networks as part of Network Team. The candidate will work with Shift Manager, Tier I/II Service Desk Technicians, cable's team to resolve customer impacting network outages, network changes and activation.
- Install, configure systems to user environments and maintain/monitor communications network devices
- Schedules authorized outages to implement proposed solutions.
- Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
- May perform network administration duties.
- May work odd hours to support facility maintenance actions to minimize customer impact.
- May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
This position will support Mid Shift: Tuesday – Saturday 10:00pm - 6:30am or 12:00am – 8:30am
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification requirements (Security+ CE or higher)
- 2+ years of network engineering or network administration experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- Hands-on experience with the Network Administration data and voice communications networks
Active TS or TS/SCI clearance
Computing Environment certification
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.