ECS is seeking a Release Manager to work in our Arlington, VA office.
The Release Manager assists with the development, implementation, execution, and reporting of the release team personnel, functions, and activities. Is expected to provide management and guidance to staff doing Configuration Management, Requirements/ Release Management, Quality Assurance, Risk Management, and Program Metrics. The Release Manager will provide cost, schedule and performance oversight of the system integrator for a major software development program, directly supporting the Government Product Manager.
The Release Manager must have demonstrated experience to ensure processes, products, and documentation are in compliance with Major Automated Information System (MAIS) Acquisition Category (ACAT) I requirements per the DOD 5000.2/5000.75. The Release Manager must be able to ensure plans and strategies from each function are consistent with program priorities and mission goals, and, and be able to assist with the management of task schedules and allocated resources.
The following skills and experience are desired for the Release Manager:
- Experience with multiple PeopleSoft or other major ERP implementations (full systems development life cycle).
- Strong track record of understanding and interest in current and emerging technologies demonstrated through training, job experience and/or industry activities.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner.
- Change-oriented - actively generates process improvements; supports and drives change, and confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Business Administration and at least 10 years direct experience deploying information systems.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.