To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hollister, CA 95023
- Doan Phung
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Animal Lab Technician (Hollister, CA)
Kelly Scientific Resources • Hollister, CA
Posted 3 days ago
Animal Lab Technician / Research Model Husbandry (Hollister, CA)
We are seeking an Animal Lab Technician to work in a Biotech/Pharmaceutical Company that specializes in breeding animals for Research in Hollister, CA. Temp to Hire Opportunity! Pay Rate is $15-17/hour, depending on Degree and Experience Work Schedule: Monday-Thursday, 4 am to 1:30pm and Friday, 4 am to 8 am (Must be able to work these days and hours!) JOB DESCRIPTION: As an Animal Lab Technician, you’ll perform routine and moderately complex animal husbandry and other production duties. The role requires maintaining supplies and environment of environmentally controlled work area(s) and assisting in training of entry-level employees.
- Breeds, raises and cares for small research animals. Follows proper breeding and animal care procedures.
- Clean / wash cages, replace bedding, ensure water and food is properly maintained and stocked in each cage.
- Monitors animal behavior and physical attributes to ensure animal health and confirm appropriate phenotype; reports any findings. Ensures biosecurity.
- Perform physical environment cleanliness. Upkeep and maintain recordkeeping and production operations according to Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Order and operate equipment and use supplies according to safety guidelines.
- Strictly follow all procedures necessary to maintain the isolator and/or barrier room barrier.
- May coordinate limited production activities in the temporary absence of the Supervisor.
- May pull and pack animals for shipping to customers, as assigned.
- Coordinates with Customer Service on scheduling and order status.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Education: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.). AALAS Certification preferred OR BS degree in Scientific field. Experience: One to two years related experience and/or training in animal husbandry preferred but not necessary. Will train on duties.
- Able to work in a hot/humid environment while performing repetitive tasks.
- Comfortable working with live animals is a must!
- Regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Regularly required to stand and ascend/descend rolling platform stairs (up to six steps) to perform all tasks and procedures related to the job.
- Regularly transports supplies, removes waste, and/or laboratory equipment while ascending/descending rolling platform stairs (up to six steps).
- Regularly positions self (stoop, crouch, squat, sit, reach) to access and inspect small models and be able to assess their conditions and environment from various distances.
- Regularly lifts and/or moves equipment and materials weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Regularly required to utilize a computer/tablet.
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations— providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 9,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.