To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Kingsport, TN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Business Unit Leader
Leclerc Foods Tennessee LLC • Kingsport, TN
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Canada’s leader in the production of cookies, Leclerc also manufactures sugar wafers, snack bars, breakfast cereals, crackers, and chocolates. The thriving family company currently sells its products in more than twenty countries all over the world.
Leclerc is, and has always been, on the leading edge of technology and constantly works to ensure the complete satisfaction of its customers. Together with over 900 employees, the company builds on production processes and rigorous distribution networks in order to offer the highest quality products. For more than 110 years, Leclerc has successfully balanced innovation, freshness, and good taste, pleasing customers of all ages.
Business Unit Leader
Reporting directly to the Plant manager, the Business Unit Leader is responsible for the safe, reliable, and efficient operation of production by providing effective, empowered leadership to the Production line assigned to them. This key role provides leadership amongst the management team and ensures efficient communications between his team and other departments. Provide training opportunities to the production staff; and performing several other tasks. The Business Unit Leader position requires the ability to be action oriented with demonstrated ability to lead teams. The individual should be proficient in leading/managing manufacturing key performance indicators.
- Assigns duties and coordinate activities with supervisors and/or employees in production to maintain plant efficiencies and standards;
- Observes daily operations and alerts appropriate supervisor of problems or opportunities;
- Responsible for unit compliance in all safety standards and quality regulations, policies, training requirements;
- Inspect areas for safety hazards and observes employees for safe work habits;
- Report safety and quality problems to the appropriate personnel;
- Follows quality and safety programs and policies to ensure products made follows to the highest standards possible;
- Develops and implements operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality;
- Develop and communicate the expectation levels and vision of the company to members of her/his unit. Coordinate with other heads of departments, integrating objectives and ideas for organizational growth;
- Conduct daily GEMBA walk and provide feedback from team members to Management team in Tier III meetings. Uses JDI (Just Do It) approach when needed;
- Provide training to team leaders and supervisors in proper procedures, standards, policies, handling of employees, equipment procedures;
- Train and mentor team members; motivate them for effective performance and growth of the company; Provide guidance and leadership directly to team leaders, supervisors/hourly staff/temporary workforce within the department;
- Observe employee performance and follows up with supervisor on changes needed;
- Review all performance reviews for accuracy, fairness, and consistency prior to being given to employees;
- Recommends or initiates promotions, transfers, and disciplinary action;
- Review personnel action with Human Resources department, as necessary, to insure consistency with policy;
- Conduct timely management meetings; Active participation in meetings. Communicate changes in policy, procedures, goals, or problems;
- Track key performance indicators on an ongoing basis; revises production schedules and priorities as result of equipment failure or operating problems;
- Coordinate production activities with maintenance, quality control, and sanitation activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment;
- Active participation in POKA Newsfeed. Provide good communication flow within unit shifts; Pro-active in creation of POKA guides, troubleshoot and newsfeed with members of his unit;
- Monitor performance and communicate the good moves and challenges of its sector via POKA;
- Active participation in Safety Audits, Quality Audits, 6S Audits, and other Audits;
- Perform day-to-day administrative tasks, such as processing information files and other paperwork.
- Bachelor Degree (Business Management, Food Science) or equivalent education/experience in food industry; 5 years’ experience in manufacturing management/supervision is preferred;
- Knowledge of GFSI / BRC, SQF, GMP and other food safety standard including HACCP or similar food industry regulations;
- Experience in Continuous Improvement environment (Lean Manufacturing, 6S, Six Sigma, etc.);
- Experience using Microsoft Office and other computer based application (I pad, One Note, etc.);
- Strong Leadership/interpersonal skills; Strong analytical/critical thinking;
- Strong accountability and follow-through skills; Ability to work under pressure and tight schedule;
- Ability to identify new opportunities; Ability to develop specific plans and goals to help in accomplishing tasks efficiently;
- Decision making skills: Ability to analyze information and evaluate results to make the best decision in solving problems;
- Motivating skills: Ability to encourage and build team spirit among team members, bringing about mutual respect and cooperation;
- Must have a flexible schedule including some weekends and holidays if needed;
- This position has been identified as a safety sensitive position within Leclerc Foods USA, Inc
Joining Leclerc's dynamic and passionate team provides an opportunity to work every day to promote people’s well-being by offering high quality products. Would you like to build a career in a motivating work environment with nonstop exciting challenges? Please apply through the site.