You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Data Architect I
Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that's served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It's our passion.
Responsible for the development, implementation and/or maintenance of the overall big data architecture and necessary technical solutions on behalf of the vision provided by the Parkland Health and Hospital System.
- Must have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Must have seven years of experience working with data warehouses and large data sets, to include five years of experience working with data management and database administration.
- Must have experience implementing data models, universes, and data warehouses.
- Equivalent Education and/or Experience
- May have an equivalent combination of education and experience to substitute for both the education and the experience requirements.
- Prefer current SQL database certification upon hire: Microsoft Certified Solutions Engineer (MCSE) or Oracle Certified Professional (OCP).
- Must have proven success in data warehouse design, implementation, and support.
- Must have proven success in Epic Clarity reporting system.
- Must have strong understanding of data models and universes.
- Must have strong understanding of Structured Query Languages (SQL).
- Must have strong organizational, analytical, and statistical skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be able to prepare project schedules, budgets, and reports.
- Must be able to demonstrate outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be focused on delivering quality solutions to internal customers; and able to manage customer relationships effectively.
- Must be able to serve as a customer liaison to external departments as directed.
- Must be skilled in data management and analysis.
- Must have excellent presentation and report management skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate skills in reporting, Microsoft Office software such as Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio.
- May be required to have technical knowledge of client-server and web-based environments, and comprehensive operational knowledge of healthcare applications and systems.
- Prefer experience with "Big Data" sets and management.
- Prefer experience and understanding of leading data processing solutions, such as HADOOP.
- Responsible for the overall architecture, design, development, and maintenance of the data warehousing function and enterprise strategy for Parkland Health & Hospital System.
- Participates in strategic planning, coordination, and consolidation of strategic plans for data warehousing and data marts.
- Identifies incidents, research causes, and recommends and implements solutions as needed. Prioritizes and manages the assignment of incidents. Develops and implements emergency fixes as required.
- Plans and implements off-the-shelf data models.
- Supports system Data Base Administrators and reporting operations in understanding and managing the data warehouse and universes.
- Mentors' employees regarding data warehousing techniques and data models.
- Develops data validation processes and techniques for efficient verification of data and sources.
- Identifies ways to improve work processes and improve customer satisfaction. Makes recommendations to supervisor, implements, and monitors results as appropriate in support of the overall goals of the department and Parkland.
- Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements, and trends in the field by attending seminars/workshops, reading professional journals, actively participating in professional organizations, and/or maintaining certification or licensure. Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices.
- Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws, and guidelines that impact the area. Develops effective internal controls designed to promote adherence with applicable laws, accreditation agency requirements, and federal, state, and private health plans. Seeks advice and guidance as needed to ensure proper understanding.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
- Apache Hadoop
- Attention To Detail
- Big Data
- Client Server Models
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: g5lim7b
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.