This position is a full time position based out of Denver, CO with flexibility to work remotely. The candidate must have extensive experience underwriting prime jumbo qualified mortgages, non-qualified mortgages and other non-agency mortgage loans. This individual will be responsible for providing underwriting support to a network of correspondent sellers and acting as liaison between the sellers and a third party due diligence firm to clear loan level credit and compliance conditions. This position will work closely with the non-agency capital markets and credit policy teams to ensure that loans are purchased in accordance with Bayview’s origination and purchase policies.
- Provide underwriting support to a network of correspondent sellers.
- Approve exceptions as authorized.
- Foster strong relationships with sellers’ underwriting teams.
- Work with sellers to clear due diligence conditions and resolve findings.
- Ensure loan documents are accurate, complete and sufficient to clear all conditions for final loan approval.
- Review and evaluate loan files for risk issues and potential fraud and/or misrepresentation
- Analyze appraisals for valuation accuracy.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 6-10 years’ experience in an underwriting role.
- Extensive experience underwriting non-agency loans.
- Knowledge of QM/ATR requirements.
Must also have the following demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of Mortgage Banking origination practices, procedures, regulations and laws.
- Strong understanding of the operational responsibilities involved in the purchase and sale/securitization of whole loan assets as it pertains to credit quality.
- Comfortable negotiating complex issues and resolving problems.
- Working knowledge of WORD, EXCEL, POWER POINT and ACCESS,
- Effective verbal and written communications, including active listening, and presenting findings and recommendations
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with co-workers, staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, AND/OR REGISTRATION:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to handle, touch or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee is rarely required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Bayview is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected