Position: Certified Pharmacy Technician
Objective: Pharmacy Technician performs designated technical and clerical tasks associated with the preparation, labeling and dispensing of unit dose medication. In addition, performs designated tasks regarding pharmacy quality control, management of pharmacy records, inventory control and preparation of orders for drugs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the filling of prescription order
• Responsible for filling bulk products, blister packs, putting away the order and staging deliveries
• Perform expiration dating review of all medications on a scheduled basis or at each re stocking period and provide the pharmacist with a list of expired medications
• Maintain all related compounding records, prescription logs, and any other related files as determined by the Pharmacy Technician Manager
• Remove and sort by work function the delivery bags or totes and equipment from return area inside pharmacy
• Perform technician assignments as requested by the pharmacy management
• Maintain all pharmacy related equipment and equipment rental log
• Performs prepackaging of medication
• Performs functions necessary to prepare medications for delivery in area referred to as staging
• Responsible for checking for overages, shortages, damaged materials and reporting discrepancies to the Pharmacy Technician Manager and/or Team Lead
• Replaces emergency boxes as requested. Replaces medications in interim and emergency boxes. Checks all interim and emergency box medications for expiration date before sealing the box. Forwards all interim or emergency box requisitions for date entry.
Education and Experience:
• High School graduate or equivalent required
• Current national/state pharmacy certification
• Basic computer knowledge skills required, must have basic understanding of medical terminology, math and analytical skills
• Minimum of one (1) year working as a pharmacy technician in a retail environment or Long Term Care pharmacy preferred
• Experience with alpha-numeric data entry
Click Apply Now to submit your resume!
Packaging And Labeling