To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
12844 Military Road South
Tukwila, WA 98168
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Mental Health Technician
Acadia-Healthcare • Tukwila, WA
Posted 2 days ago
Cascade Behavioral Health has immediate openings for Mental Health Technicians! The Mental Health Technician functions as an active part of the treatment team, providing continuous patient care, supervision, interaction, and role modeling to patients ranging in age from adult through geriatrics.
The Mental Health Technician takes the lead in creating a safe and respectful milieu and in managing milieu and patient escalating behaviors.
The Mental Health Technician provides daily goals and wrap up groups, leisure time activities/groups and psychoeducation groups.
The mental health technician assists in providing basic physical, social and safety needs of patients through the implementation of appropriate therapeutic approaches under direction from the registered nurse and or program director and within the scope of the mental health technician position. The mental health technician will care for patients ages 18 and older.
Position participates in the direct delivery of patient care by observation, involving patients in scheduled program activities, assisting patients with activities of daily living (ADL’s), transferring patients, monitoring and reporting behaviors to the RN and other indicators of mental/behavioral status and results are documented per policy.
The mental health technician provides documentation in the medical record, facilitates group activities and maintains a clean, safe environment. Responsible for the effective milieu management.
The Mental Health Technician II assists the CNO and Director of Education in providing NEO and/or ongoing training.
- Must be able to communicate in English both verbally and in writing, in a way that is understood by patients, family members and others related to the mental health care team.
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Possesses ability to accept direction and work with others toward shared goals.
- Self-starter. Able to work well as a member of the team, but also able to function independently.
- Teamwork and conflict resolution skills; excellent interpersonal skills to communicate and interact effectively with patients, families and other professionals.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Attentive to details.
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Additional functions listed under Job Responsibilities section.
- Previous psychiatric experience or C.N.A. certification
- Two years’ work experience within the last 3 years in direct patient care.
- Graduate from an accredited High School / GED
- AA degree preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Behavioral Science or related field preferred for MHT II
- WA State DOH Agency Affiliated Counselor Certification
- Crisis prevention training on hire and ongoing
- CNA certification