To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Merritt Island, FL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Mobile Service Technician – Mechanic
Compact Power Equipment, Inc. • Merritt Island, FL
Posted 1 day ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
MUST RESIDE WITHIN 20 MILES OF TARGET CITY
Compact Power Equipment Inc., a Home Depot Company, located in Fort Mill, SC, is a fast-growing, values driven organization comprised of Rental and Services divisions. We are a team of over 700 talented associates based across the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico.
Compact Power Equipment Rental Division operates in over 1000 locations of The Home Depot across the US and Canada, offering large towable equipment rental and on-site equipment delivery. The Compact Power fleet includes trenchers, chippers, mini-excavators, skid steers, aerial equipment, and tractor loader backhoes among others. With a large team of highly trained technicians, operators, and VIP customer care associates throughout the United States and Canada, Compact Power Equipment Rental is a technology focused leader in the equipment rental industry.
We live our Core Values: Excellent Customer Service, Creating Shareholder Value, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Taking Care of Our People, Respect for All People, Doing the Right Thing, Building Strong Relationships, Giving Back
The Mobile Service Technician – Mechanic (MST) is responsible for creating and maintaining a thriving equipment rental business at the store by providing excellent customer service, having the right mix of equipment, and keeping the fleet rental ready at all times. This position is assisting area mechanics in construction/landscape equipment service. Experience and the ability to effectively apply that experience in a team or independent environment. Mechanical and electrical repair experience is considered a plus and in some cases may be a requirement. Strong verbal and written communication, problem solving and strong mechanical skills are required. Must employ safe work practices to limit risk exposure to the customer, the public and self.
- Performing daily inspections on the equipment for rental readiness, and neat in appearance
- Performing needed repairs and preventive maintenance on equipment
- Initiating service calls and/or ordering parts needed for equipment repairs
- Assisting rental customers in determining the equipment needs and availability of equipment
- Training customers in the safe and proper operation of the equipment process
- Inspecting overall appearance of Compact Power Signage, inspecting equipment for proper security
- Training store associates in the safe and proper operation of the equipment and CPEC operating procedures
- In conjunction with Compact Power Area Rental Manager's review performance of equipment at the store and recommend needed equipment or transfers of under-utilized equipment
- May visit other stores in the market to inspect Compact Power equipment and assist and train Home Depot associates
- Maintaining professionalism in appearance, dress, and personal contact
We offer a full array of benefits that include health, well-being, and financial. Please visit LIVETHEORANGELIFE.COM for more details.
- Ability to do mechanical repairs
Ability to lift up to 80 lbs. safely
- Excellent communication skills - basic principles of customer service and selling
- Basic knowledge of compact construction equipment, including trenching and earthmoving machines
- Ability to work independently
- Experience in equipment rental industry (counter sales, customer service, etc.)
- Landscape/construction background a definite plus
- Ability to work effectively with different personality types and all levels of employees
- Administrative skills for documenting and reporting information on equipment (Excel, Microsoft Office email, etc.)
- Strong Computer skills
- Valid driver’s license (ability to drive in a CMV capacity)
High School Diploma, GED, Technical or Trade School - or equivalent experience