To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sauk Village, IL 60411
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Transportation Supervisor - 1st Shift
XPO Logistics, Inc. • Sauk Village, IL
Posted 2 months ago
1st Shift, Monday – Friday, 6:00am - 2:00pm
Logistics done differently.
You understand that moving product from Point A to Point B is more challenging than it sounds. At XPO Logistics, we need highly-skilled professionals like you who understand the ins and outs of the transportation industry. As the Transportation Supervisor, you will oversee daily supplier performance, provide superior communication and service to our customers, and ensure world-class support and a positive experience for everyone. Join us at XPO, and we’ll give you the tools and support you need to excel at your job, while building a career you’ll love.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Ensure all warehousing, transportation, communications and customer service issues and requests are resolved in a manner that meets or exceeds customer expectations
- Route, plan, update and track orders and shipments
- Act as liaison between transportation, operations, suppliers and customers
- Schedule daily workload based on input from customer
- Track and document delivery performance, and report metrics to management and customer as required
- Initiate Lean concepts into the operation at all levels
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- 3 years of professional experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, with knowledge of the most up-to-date shipping software programs
- Support experience with warehouse management systems (WMS)
It’d be great if you also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain or Logistics Management
- Familiarity with learning management systems (LMS)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oreal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.