What you will do
As a trusted partner to the federal government for more than 100 years and with more than 680 professionals, JCFS manufactures products, provides solutions, and installs and maintains building technologies at more than 750 federal sites and military installations worldwide.
This position is responsible for responsible for the design, configuration, programming, integration and operation of complete building control systems, primarily with Electronic Security Systems, and other low voltage control sub-systems. Primary responsibilities are threefold; to provide Strategic and Thought Leadership, Solution Design and Architecture, as well as Application Deployment and Project Management. Position interfaces and supports Sales, Engineering, and Operations. Team is focused on primary access control product lines, video platforms, and identity management. Location:
Virtual / Remote (Work from home) office. Will support multiple locations around the D.C. Metro area. Able to work from home when not needed on-site at customer locations. Benefits:
Eligible for benefits on first day of employment Vacation:
Eligible for 3 weeks of paid vacation per calendar year How you will do it
1. Design, estimate, configure, and program security and fire systems, including Enterprise Security Head End Systems. Create drawing packages TDP (technical data packages), sequence of operations, bill of material, network layouts and electrical requirements.
2. Integration of different Security subsystems with each other.
3. Coordinates and creates of necessary drawings and equipment schedules for submittals and installation.
4. Selects, materials for assigned projects.
5. Assists in the loading and commissioning of all system and network-level controllers as required. Assists in validation of complete system functionality and troubleshoots problems with subcontractors and other trades to ensure proper operation.
6. Provides field change information to the project team for the creation of as-built drawings and software.
7. Keeps management and JCI contractor or customer informed of job progress and issues.
8. Assists in performing site-specific training for owner / operator on the total building control solution.
9. Participates in customer meetings with project team. Performs value engineering to provide cost effective results while maintaining customer satisfaction.
10. Adheres to safety standards. High degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
If you’d like to learn more about who we are, what we do, and the systems and products we work with please check out our “take a journey” video on Youtube to learn more. (Around 7 minutes long)
What we look for
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with five (5) or more years experience, or an Associate's Degree in a related technical field with seven (7) years of relevant work experience in the integrations of electronic security systems, or equivalent experience.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of the Electronic Security System (ESS) industry, to include, but not limited to CCTV, access controls, intrusion detection systems, etc. Experience with Softwarehouse Ccure 9000, Lenel, Genetech, and/or Bosch BVMS strongly preferred
3. Demonstrated experience in the programming and integration of Electronic Security Systems of building sub-systems.
4. Ability to relate technical knowledge to a non-technical audience.
5. Ability to travel to customer locations as required.
6. The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance required. (This involves a background/character, criminal history, employment, and credit check.). Active clearance preferred.
1. Demonstrated advanced computer skills required, particularly computer-related drafting tools.
2. Three ( 3) or more years proficiency in design, pricing and implementation of integrated systems
3. Strong knowledge and experience with major operating systems and SQL.
4. Knowledge of large project management, database connectivity, basic LAN protocols, and serial communications
5. Softwarehouse Ccure 9000 enterprise level certification
6. Lenel Enterprise certification
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)
Use Programming Language
Agile Software Development