You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
About the Princeton Review: The Princeton Review is a leading tutoring, test prep, and college admission services company. Every year, it helps millions of college and graduate school-bound students achieve their education and career goals through online and in-person courses delivered by a network of more than 4,000 teachers and tutors, online resources, and its more than 150 print and digital books published by Penguin Random House. The company’s Tutor.com brand is one of the largest online tutoring services in the U.S. It comprises a community of thousands of tutors who have delivered more than 22 million one-to-one tutoring sessions. The Princeton Review is headquartered in New York, NY. Follow the company on LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram.
Summary of Position: The Princeton Review is known around the world as the authoritative source for college and graduate-school admissions advice, thanks primarily to our “Best Colleges” and other print titles. Tutor.com is known as the best-in-class provider of academic support solutions in the institutional market. We’re looking for the right person to guide the evolution of our business as we leverage this expertise into a portfolio of academic support web and app products, working either from home or from our New York City office.
You’ll be charged with understanding the needs of Tutor.com’s institutional clients and understanding the needs of Tutor.com’s Sales, Client Services, and Learning Services teams, translating these needs into clear and concise product requirements, and working with in-house and contracted engineering teams to turn your requirements into best-in-class digital experiences for our customers. You should be a flexible, multi-disciplinary contributor at all stages of the product lifecycle, equally comfortable in developer-facing, customer-facing or executive-facing roles.
- Conduct discovery, user research, build prototypes, design various tests to facilitate low risk and data-driven decision making.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, helping to manage roadmaps, define features, and work closely with stakeholders and development teams
- Build and cultivate relationships with stakeholders
- Drive product decisions using data to target metrics for success
- Issue validation using error reports to determine if bug cases need to be created
- Work with Quality Assurance Engineers to find resolutions for bug cases and is responsible for facilitating user acceptance testing on new features and products.
- Facilitate user acceptance testing on new features and on product releases
Education, Background, Experience & Qualifications:
- 3-5 years’ experience in a product management, product operations, or product support role (preferably at an education technology company, college admissions company, or similar organization)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area, or equivalent real-world expertise
- Lead scrum teams in agile and lean methodologies
- Strong analytical and quantitative skillset (preferably including experience with SQL Server and related tools, Excel pivot tables, and modeling/forecasting techniques)
- Strong written and oral communication skillset, and an ability to deliver compelling presentations (both online and in-person) to a variety of internal and external audiences
- Ability to efficiently lead and manage the work of other team members in a remote/distributed environment, especially technical and business resources who don’t report to you directly
- Willingness to take full ownership of assigned responsibilities, prioritize complex tasks with (sometimes contradictory) input from multiple stakeholders, and go above and beyond your “official” duties to serve our customers
- Basic familiarity with SDLC management and productivity tools (eg, Fogbugz/Manuscript, Trello, Git, etc) preferred
Salary: $72,000 - $105,000 per year, based on a 40 hour work week.
The above represents the expected salary range for this job requisition. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
The Company also provides eligible employees with a variety of benefit programs, generally including health, dental, and vision insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, 401k plan with company match, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work
Please note that the above-referenced position can be performed anywhere in the United States except in the following states: Arkansas, Hawaii, Idaho, Mississippi, North Dakota, Rhode Island, South Dakota and Wyoming.
The Princeton Review is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Princeton Review’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. The Princeton Review also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also The Princeton Review’s policy to comply with all applicable laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
The Princeton Review is a drug free workplace.
- Acceptance Testing
- Agile Methodology
- Bootstrap (Front End Framework)
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: LI20-10440_3503191225
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.