To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Peabody, MA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Nesco Resource • Peabody, MA
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job Description: Senior Accountant
Client is the leader in precision floor vibration isolation technology serving major research centers, OEM and end-user semiconductor manufacturers, university research laboratories, drug discovery companies, and nanotechnology labs.
We are a unit of ***, Inc., a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electro-mechanical devices with annualized sales of *** billion.
We are actively seeking qualified candidates in the following area: Senior Accountant
This position will have a broad range of technical, day-to-day finance/accounting, and cost accounting responsibilities. Duties include: Involvement with revenue recognition and compliance, forecasting and budgeting, revenue and gross margin analysis, monthly close activities including consolidation reporting, cost accounting, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, as well as involvement in audits. The candidate should have a BS Degree in Finance or Accounting with 7+ years of experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs the month end close and preparation and interpretation of financial reports to ensure accuracy, completeness and compliance with company and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
• Assist with the preparation and evaluation balance sheet and income statement information, determining variances and trends and report to management.
• Evaluates existing accounting methods and processes to automate and streamline.
• Make recommendations for improving policies and procedures.
• Assist with month end reporting packages.
• Prepare the annual tax package.
• Assist with the annual budgeting process.
• Performs month-end journal entries and reconciliations to ensure consistency and accuracy.
• Lead the annual physical inventory process and on-going cycle count program.
• Assists in the preparation of the Strategic Plan.
• Performs Sarbanes Oxley compliance testing.
• Proactively evaluates the results of operations, identifies trends/risks/opportunities and recommends actions to ensure the business unit achieves its commitments.
• Responsible for the integrity of the General Ledger.
• Responsible for HFM upload of trial balance.
• Provides technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the function and the broader business unit.
• Maintains effective internal controls to ensure protection of assets and an accurate reporting of financial position.
• Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures.
• Drives improvements in Working Capital.
• Demonstrates strong understanding of GAAP.
• Ensures revenue recognition compliance.
• Assist with internal and external audit requests.
• Review margin trends and highlight significant fluctuations.
• Provide product line and customer profitability analysis.
• Ensure corporate/divisional policies and procedures are followed.
• Special projects and analysis as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in Accounting and/or Finance required
Additional Job Requirements:
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.