To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Peoria, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Speech Language Pathologist - SLP
Symbria, Inc. • Peoria, IL
Posted 3 days ago
Symbria is currently seeking a Full-Time or Part-Time Speech Language Pathogist (SLP) add to our growing Rehabilitation Teams at Lutheran Hillside Village and Heddington Oaks, Continuing Care Retirement Communities in Peoria, IL. As one of the few 100% employee-owned companies in healthcare, our business practices are guided strictly by the values to which our employee owners are committed to. For more than 20 years, Symbria has been providing an outstanding work environment for talented employees to deliver patient-centered care to the geriatric population in senior-living and post-acute settings.
Patient evaluations and effective administration of treatment programs, develop and implement clinical and educational components of the Speech-Language Pathology Program, actively participate on the interdisciplinary rehabilitation team and contribute to community marketing activities. Ensures compliance with all state and federal regulations.
- Review and evaluate physician’s referral and patient’s medical records to determine speech-language therapy program required.
- Evaluate each patient’s current level of functioning using approved speech-language/swallow evaluation techniques, tests and observations, and prepare written treatment program based on evaluations.
- Administer a prescribed speech therapy program to restore and maintain maximum function and prevent disability using a range of therapeutic modalities.
- Coordinate speech therapy services and information presented at the interdisciplinary team conference with physical therapy, occupational therapy and the nursing department.
- Assist in formulating of policies and operating procedures necessary for the effective operation of the speech program in conjunction with other programs in the community.
- Develop program goals and assess the need for clinical equipment and supplies, and participate in budget planning and preparation as described by the community.
- Assume primary responsibility for the management and documentation of the patient/client program according to ASHA Standards of Care.
- Monitor productivity and speech language staffing needs.
- Complete all required clinical and billing documentation as indicated and submit in a timely manner.
- Maintain productivity standards.
- Work schedules vary at each client location, and on occasion, you may be scheduled to work at any other Symbria Rehab client community, provided the other community is within a reasonable traveling distance.
- Master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an accredited school, and a valid registered license for the state in which employed.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology (CCC-SLP) from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) preferred.
- Understanding of communication disorders resulting from neurological impairments.
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Effective interpersonal skills with strong focus on customer service.
Why work at Symbria?
- 100% employee-owned company through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan, also known as an ESOP. You, along with your co-workers, have an ownership stake in this company!
- Competitive compensation
- ESOP retirement plan
- 401(k) & Roth 401(k) plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long term disability, flexible spending accounts (FSA), Paid Time Off (PTO) and Yearly Tuition Reimbursement.