What You Will Do
The Transportation Coach is primarily responsible for planning outbound deliveries, inbound load scheduling to the RDC, coordinating intercompany shipments, and supervising the activities and managing performance of Transportation Associates located in the Transportation Center. In addition, the Transportation Coach works with stores to resolve daily delivery and load quality issues, coordinates with carriers to meet service expectations, monitors the LTL program, coordinates yard movements and trailer pools, and verifies freight move data integrity to ensure invoice accuracy.
What We're Looking For
• Required to work a set schedule that meets the needs of the facility.
• May be asked to work mornings, afternoons, nights, and/or weekends based on the needs of the facility.
• Must work in a distribution/warehouse environment with the physical and environmental aspects typically associated with such environment.
• Minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds; ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
What You Need To Succeed
• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Transportation, Industrial Engineering, Business, or related field OR 4 years of experience in Supply Chain, Transportation, or Logistics
• Basic math and reading comprehension skills
• Basic computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Proven record for complying with safety requirements
• Experience building a culture of safety among subordinates and peers
• Leadership experience with direct report responsibility
• Experience mentoring and coaching others
• Experience using of troubleshooting processes to resolve problems
• Basic computer skills, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Familiarity with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations
• Familiarity with Supply Chain Management principles and Transportation industry
• Bi-lingual skills, if applicable to the facility