To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Patuxent River, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Chenega Corporation • Patuxent River, MD
Posted 9 days ago
Experience - 5 years
Degree - 4 Year Degree
Other Great Industries
Engineering, Skilled Labor - Trades
CHENEGA WORLDWIDE SUPPORT Company Job Title: Electrical Engineer Clearance: Secret Clearance Location: Pax River, MD Reports To: Program Manager FLSA Status: Exempt, Full Time Summary:
- The Electrical Engineer will assist the customer with performance of electrical engineering design and production support from project inception through construction
- Responsible for the professional quality, technical accuracy, and the coordination, including inter-discipline coordination, of all designs, drawings, specifications, and other services furnished by CWS under this contract
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university
- 5 years in design and technical competence in developing and the production of working drawings and specifications for new and renovation projects.
- Demonstrated experience in Design and Contract Document preparation for new and existing buildings similar to the building types prevalent in the NAVFAC Washington Area of Responsibility.
- Demonstrated experience with interdisciplinary coordination required for Contract Document preparation.
- Experience conducting field observation to verify/obtain the existing conditions of electrical site work and facility systems and incorporating these conditions into the design for a renovation/rehabilitation project.
- Secret Clearance required
- Familiarity with both Design-Bid-Build and Design-Build delivery methods for projects and to review other electrical engineers' work for code/criteria compliance and constructability.
- Ability to estimate design effort and provide support to the negotiations effort with Architectural-Engineering firms and General Contractors.
- Ability to travel
- Be able to review contractor submittals and respond to requests for information (RFI's).
- A working knowledge of ICC codes, NFPA 70 (NEC), NESC, and DoD Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC).
- Demonstrated working knowledge of current AutoCAD and other design and general office software.
- Demonstrated knowledge of specifications development and coordination, using Government-based specification software
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Job ID: 1900000291
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.