You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Sonographer / Ultrasound Technician
Our client is a public government health organization in New York city looking to add a Sonographer / Ultrasound Technician to join their team.
$45k – $60k DOE
The Sonographer / Ultrasound Technician will be assigned at the Sexual Reproductive Health department located at the Fort Greene location in Brooklyn, NY. The Sonographer / Ultrasound Technician will be working for a 3 months+ assignment with potential for extension. The Sonographer / Ultrasound Technician position will be working part-time up to 15 hours of sonogram sessions on a weekly basis during our clinic hours. Clinic hours are 9 am – 5 pm from Monday – Friday.
Responsibilities of the Sonographer / Ultrasound Technician:
- Provide Level-I pelvic/abdominal and transvaginal ultrasounds for patients receiving sexual and reproductive health services, including medication abortion, prenatal care, or contraceptive care such as IUDs.
- Prepare ultrasound equipment and the exam room ensuring proper sanitizing and cleaning procedures are followed.
- Document all patient interactions.
- Provide compassionate care to the patient.
- Provide culturally sensitive care to the patients.
- Provide quality care as per the standards of care set forth by PHS, HIPAA, and NYS DOH.
- Provide onsite expertise to the provider team, who are currently in the process of receiving Level-I sonography training.
Qualifications for the Sonographer / Ultrasound Technician:
- Minimum one year of experience as an Ultrasound Technologist.
- Demonstrate strong documentation skills and proper use of EMR.
- Completion of accredited course in ultrasonic technology.
- Must be a Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS).
- ARDMS (American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography Certification) is required.
- BLS certification is preferred.
- Atrium Care Package available, upon eligibility.
- Basic Life Support
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
- Pelvic Floor
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 119188
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.