Veolia Water Technologies Dayton is currently seeking a Lead Waste Water Operator to work in the Morrisville Pennsylvania area.
Veolia Water Technologies Dayton is a full-service industrial water management company with a focus on a cost effective blend of service, chemistry and equipment technologies. With our balanced process management approach to water-related issues, we are able to create and implement innovative, sustainable, custom water solutions that reduce the overall cost of operation and compliance. Veolia Water Technologies, an industry leader in providing water and wastewater solutions to industrial and municipal customers. Veolia Water Technologies is a Veolia company. Veolia provides water services through public-private partnerships and industrial outsourcing agreements and is comprised of the top water professionals in every corner of the globe. Our parent company, Veolia Environnement (VE), is a world leader in environmental services. VE is based in France and is comprised of four business segments that serve the environmental needs of customers globally: Veolia Water, Veolia Environmental Services, and Veolia Energy.
This position is responsible for assisting in the management and undertake the operational activities of a leachate waste water treatment plant. This position will work various shifts and may have to work weekends and/or holidays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform waste water treatment operating functions
- Maintain control of operation events
- Control the working time of the personnel assigned to them
- Assure the transmission of information to the people or departments concerned
- Assist in individual performance assessments
- Assist in developing the skills of their staff
- Manage and motivate their team
- Organize and coordinate the work of one's teams
- Apply and/ or ensure the application of the safety plan instructions for a plant
- Control the quality of water discharged into the natural environment
- Co-ordinate work on the equipment or installations of the wastewater plant
- Interpret the operation of a waste water installation from its equipment and schematic
- Determine the parameters for adjusting the waste water treatment installations
- Optimize the operation of a waste water treatment plant
- Analyze and resolve operating anomalies on the installations of a waste water treatment plant
- Assist in the supervision of the routine upkeep of the materials and equipment of a waste water treatment plant
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- C1 Licensed wastewater operator from preferably state of Pennsylvania or with the ability to receive license within 12 months of employment
- 5 years experience in wastewater treatment with knowledge of biological treatment systems, as well as chemical treatment
- Strong mechanical ability and aptitude is required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Typical working conditions for this position include a waste water treatment plant and the outdoors. The job holder could be exposed to extreme weather conditions (extreme heat and cold), burns, chemicals, dangerous machinery, dirt and dust, electrical hazardous, grease and oil, loud noises, vibrations, steam and high levels of moisture, and other hazardous conditions. This position requires the job holder to lift and/or carry up to 75 pounds, climb a vertical ladder up to 30 feet, stand for long period of time, walk on uneven surfaces, regular bending, climb onto and exit a forklift in a safe manner, use of extension ladders on a daily basis, ability to work a 12 hour shift, ability to climb into and maneuver body in tight spaces.
VWS offers you a competitive compensation and benefits package, along with a dynamic work environment. We offer challenging projects and training to ensure you success.
Oil And Gas