QA Systems Specialist – Owatonna, MN
Kelly Services is currently seeking a QA Systems Specialist for one of our customers in Owatonna, MN.
As a QA Systems Specialist you will be part of the management team reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager or Sr. Quality Supervisor. Under limited supervision, the Quality Systems Specialist coordinates internal audits, customer audits, review of procedures, review of raw material COAs and outgoing COAs. This position also provides a comprehensive range of QA & QC support and service to management and staff, assists in implementing QA & QC programs, and policies, and acts as the day-to-day collaborative conduit between the production and quality departments.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the review and maintenance of the SQF 2000 System and 3rd party customer audit for the facility.
- Complete annual review of all SQF 2000 programs and HACCP per the Internal Audit and Verification/Validation Schedule.
- Works with a cross-functional team to close both internal and external non-conformances
- Complete Monthly, Quarterly, Semi-Annually, and Annual inspections as required by the SQF system.
- Support training to help all managers and employees understand food safety and quality requirements.
- Serve as SQF Practitioner after training requirements.
- Communicate to relevant personnel all information to ensure the effective implementation of the SQF 2000 System.
- Reviews Daily HACCP Records of the retail side of the business on a daily basis
- Helps develops Visual tools for standardization and improving consistency of quality of product.
- Compiles and analyzes test information to determine operating efficiency of process or equipment and to diagnose malfunctions.
- Participates in other plant teams and programs such as Aged Inventory Control Team, Self-Inspectors Team, HACCP Team, and others assigned.
- Assures compliance with all SQF Procedure requirements.
- Assures compliance with all GMP requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from a four-year college or university in Food Science, Biology, Microbiology, or Chemistry or related experience.
- SQF Practitioner Certified
- 2-3 years food industry experience preferred
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Skill in examining operations and procedures and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Some knowledge or experience of FDA, Local, State, Federal regulations pertinent for the manufacturing facility.
- Must be formally trained in HACCP (hazard analysis critical control point system) and able to effectively train essential plant employees in HACCP principles and SQF principles
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to analyze and assess training and development needs.
This is a temp-to-hire opportunity with pay commensurate upon level of education and applicable experience. If you meet the above qualifications, please submit your resume for immediate consideration.
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—
providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant
projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help
advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 9,000
scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world
a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit URL blocked - click to apply and connect
with us on URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply and URL blocked - click to apply.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. URL blocked - click to apply
Good Manufacturing Practices
Product Quality Assurance