A Special Education Teachera are needed for classroom serving high school students with learning and emotional needs. Applicants must have the ability to create modified assignments and provide required accommodations to students in need of special education. Our teachers provide instructional services to students with learning needs, diagnoses learning skill deficits and delivers prescribed instructional delivery methods as determined by Catapult Learning; consults with school personnel to coordinate efforts in providing services to students; communicates and conferences with parents providing information on student progress, co-teach with other educators.
Qualifying candidates must have a Bachelor's Degree and prior teaching experience and also be comfortable managing behaviors and working with various educational programs to improve student learning.
Qualifying candidates must also manage a caseload (i.e., conduct annual testing, write annual goals and objectives, and manage student portfolio's), prepare IEPs and attend IEP meetings. Students attending school have full-time IEP's and Special Ed. Teacher must provide direct and indirect instructional support to students.
Applicants must have a minimum of bachelor's degree and meet MSDE certification requirements.
Salary is competitive and includes a comprehensive benefits package (health & dental), tuition reimbursement.
- Attends training sessions, passes content assessment, and delivers designated instructional models for eligible students through utilization of Catapult materials and educational strategies.
- Identifies and enrolls eligible students through existing test scores, administering tests, and/or other acceptable methods as required by Catapult, local, state, and/or federal agencies.
- Develops and maintains individualized skill-appropriate lesson plans.
- Ensures supervision of students at all times, including escorting students safely to and from Catapult classroom or to mobile/trailer classroom.
- Establishes and maintains student forms and files as required by Catapult, local, state, and/or federal agencies.
- Establishes and maintains a positive customer relationship with classroom teachers and principals, including providing achievement objectives and updated approved schedules of services.
- Attends and documents conferences/meetings/trainings with Catapult Supervisors, classroom teachers, principals, and parents as required by Catapult, local, state, and/or federal agencies.
- Conducts progress monitoring.
- Write IEP’s and Implement accommodations and modifications in the classroom.
- Conduct and participate in IEP Meeting.
- Create and Implement FBA’s and Behavior Plans.
- Create weekly lesson plans that meet the needs of the students.
- Maintains inventory of educational materials and supplies.
- Must demonstrate positive and enthusiastic attitude towards internal and external customers.
- Must be flexible.
- Bachelors Degree in Special Education; from an accredited University
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred.
Candidates can submit resumes to Email blocked - click to apply