Company: Top SAAS Corp Nationally
Position: Devops Manager
Location: El Segundo, CA
Full time/Direct hire
NOTE: For a quick response, please apply direct to Email blocked - click to apply and put ' Devops MGR' on the subject line.
- SRE work: Monitoring, Incident management, Communication, RCA, etc.
- DevOps: CICD, Deployments
- Tech: Windows, Some Unix, AWS, etc
- Manage/Lead team of 4-5 Engineers and potentially may grow
• Manage a team of SREs and lead by example - contributor more than a delegator
• Employ deep troubleshooting skills to improve the availability, performance, and security of Services.
• Collaborate with Product and Support teams to plan and deploy product releases readiness
• Work with Cloud Platform and Operations leaders to develop narratives, backlog grooming, epic planning and overall sprint planning processes
• Work with Engineering leadership to build shared services that meet the requirements and need of the platform and application teams
• Ensure services are designed with 24/7 availability and operational readiness and rigor
• Implementation of proactive monitoring, alerting, trend analysis and self-healing systems
• Define non-functional requirements as part of the product life cycle to influence the new designs, standards, and methods for scalable, highly available distributed systems
• Contribute to product development / engineering as needed to ensure Quality of Service of Highly Available services
• Identifies, evaluates and executes preventive measures to minimize/avoid impact to the
• customers experience. Proactive v/s Customer escalated
• Resolution of product/service defects or design changes, infrastructure changes, or operational changes
• 5+ years of Systems/Applications automation in 24x7 Production Services environments
• BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math, or equivalent professional experience
• Fluency with one or more current generation scripting language used by DevOps professionals (Python, Perl, PHP, Ruby) + Java Development and/or .NET
• Excellent troubleshooter, utilizing a systematic problem-solving approach
• Demonstrated experience in designing, analyzing, and diagnosing large-scale distributed systems + Windows Server systems internals (system libraries, file systems, client-server protocols)
• Experience operating on AWS (both PaaS and IaaS offerings)
• Experience in both Windows (2k8R2+) and Security triage & forensic analysis
• Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery concepts, including Infrastructure as code utilizing tools like Terraform, Cloudformation and Chef/SaltStack
• Expert in Containerization concepts like Docker, and PaaS services on AWS.
• Experience with elastically scalable, fault tolerance and other cloud architecture patterns
• Demonstrated strength in SaaS services, experience in massive scale web operations
Agile Software Development