Become part of the team entrusted to maintain food quality and cleanliness for the guest experience. Hershey Resorts boasts some of the best restaurants in Central Pennsylvania. From acclaimed gourmet dining, to fun family buffets and cartoon breakfast, to late night cocktails and lite fare, Hershey has a taste for every place.
This internship opportunity is available with Hershey Country Club.
- Responsible for checking with Executive Chef and/or Sous Chef for daily job duties
- Works alongside line cooks on all tasks
- Ensures all dishes are prepared and presented in accordance with standard recipes and requirements established by the Executive Chef
- Cleans and organizes workstation
- Maintains a clean and sanitary culinary environment in compliance with Pennsylvania Health Department
- Performs banquet and kitchen line functions as directed by the Executive or Sous Chef
- Ensures assigned workstation has proper level of par stocks and supplies according to daily menus and banquets
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Must be currently enrolled in Culinary School to be eligible for this position
- Must have good communication skills to communicate closely with Sous Chef and First Cook
- Ability to work with positive, supportive attitude, skill, speed and cleanliness
- Ability to exhibit proper food handling procedures in accordance with Pennsylvania Health Regulations and obtain ServSafe certification
- Flexible shift required, including weekends and holidays
- Physical requirements may include: standing, sitting, hearing, speaking and communicating verbally, bending, walking and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work in varying temperatures subject to extreme heat
- Ability to work in a hectic, fast-paced environment
- Approved slip-resistant, non-skid shoes provided by employee
- Transportation is not provided for this program; all selected students must have reliable transportation to and from work assignments.
- This is a union position and the work schedule will be based on union seniority. Candidates must be able to meet scheduled requirements, which will most likely include evening and weekend hours.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Maintain Clean Work Environment
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 15337
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
to Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company (HE&R), we are a world-class
entertainment & hospitality company located in the heart of Hershey, PA. Every
member of our team goes above and beyond to deliver the ultimate experience –
one that will create lasting memories for our guests and foster success for our
employees, company and community.
View the full profile
is a privately held company founded in 1927 when our founder, Milton S.
Hershey, separated his chocolate manufacturing operations from his other
businesses. Our nearly 1,600 full-time and more than 6,200 seasonal/part-time
employees share a common goal of upholding the legacy of our founder while
striving to live by our company's Core Values: Devoted to the Legacy, Selfless
Spirit of Service, Team Focused, and Respectful of Others.