To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Missoula, MT
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
VP of Finance
ExecuNet • Missoula, MT
Posted 1 month ago
Company is looking for a VP of Finance who is a great leader, strategic thinker and coach to lead our Finance and Accounting team and report directly to our CEO.
As the VP of Finance you’ll be an integral part of the leadership team responsible for scaling the finance and accounting team at our fast-growing startup. You will lead the management and oversight of financial planning, financial analysis, annual planning and budgeting; and be responsible for periodical reports to management, board and investors, fundraising and overall finance and accounting operations. To be successful in the role, you will need to prove you can build a well-oiled accounting and FP&A team, be a strong cross-functional collaborator, an outstanding communicator, and a strategic thinker.
- Ensure that the company continuously remains on a sound financial footing by implementing company policies, processes, controls and best practices
- Develop and improve dashboards to track company and team KPIs; identify trends and proactively engage with team leads to stay ahead of the curve
- Oversee budgeting cycles, including the development of budgets and subsequent variance analyses to drive accountability throughout the organization
- Manage investor relations, including crafting board communications and fundraising materials as well as independently interacting with current and prospective investors.
- Oversee all matters related to taxes, financial compliance, and the audit process
- Lead financial due diligence for fundraising efforts, large contracts, partnerships, and M&A negotiations
- Own and manage company business operations with external vendors regarding taxes, legal, insurance; evaluate opportunities to bring in-house when necessary
- Build and manage a best-in-class finance and accounting team; train and retain top talent as the business grows and needs evolve
Examples of What you’ll do in the first 6 months on the job:
- Fine-tune our financial model and build out key measurements and metrics to better illustrate the company’s financial health.
- Create comprehensive analyses to identify which key drivers move the needle the most, informing company OKRs, driving decision making across the company, and generating results.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting on business performance, rolling forecasts, and our financial position to the CEO and advisors.
- Work closely with the CEO on fundraising efforts and run point on investor relations.
- Engage bank partners to explore non-equity sources of financing.
- Direct all aspects of accounting operations, overseeing all transactions related to our general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll and financial reporting.
- Research, recommend, and implement an AP procurement software.
- Review and update our accounting practices to ensure our records are maintained according to GAAP, working with our outside accounting firm to make any needed changes to our journal entries or underlying procedures.
- Select the accounting firm for audits and map out the work to be done
- Examine our process for invoicing clients, identifying ways to increase the likelihood of timely payment, and setting up the proper tracking mechanism to ensure our efforts are actually working.
- Lead the quarterly revenue reconciliations and calculate commission amounts, keeping an eye out for ways to make the activities more scalable.
- Determine accounting resources needed and hire accordingly.
What We’re Looking For in a Candidate:
- Current financial professional with at least 7-10 years of financial/accounting job experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or business. CPA and/or CMA preferred but not required.
- Track record of successfully running the finance and accounting functions for a high growth SaaS business unit or entire company, with success stories demonstrating how your financial analysis informed company strategy and propelled growth.
- A modeling expert who can move quickly from discussing the details of a department's financial model to high-level, long-term company goals and strategy.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to adapt communication style to varying audiences
- You’ve led fundraising efforts and owned investor management for past and prospective investors.
- You’ve worked with bank partners to set up and manage revolving lines of credit and/or venture debt.
- You know the in’s and out’s of GAAP compliance and you’ve led a company through an audit.
- Someone who thrives in a start-up environment.
- All of the standard stuff: you’re detail, process, and results oriented, have strong organizational and analytical skills, and are an excellent communicator.
- You have a genuine interest in getting to know your teammates and authentic desire to build something worth sharing with them.
- Impeccable ethical standards and integrity
- These expectations are just a guide. Feel free to apply and tell us why you’d be great here even if you don’t meet them all.