To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Marlborough, MA 01752
- Arun Sharma
- Phone: 0 Ext.-1
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Support Engineer, Level 2
Mastech • Marlborough, MA
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Mastech Digital provides digital and mainstream technology staff as well as Digital Transformation Services for leading American Corporations. We are currently seeking a Support Engineer for our client in the Healthcare domain. We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits, exciting challenges, and the opportunity for growth. This is a Contract position and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Duration: 12+ Months Contract
Location: Marlborough, MA
Compensation: Best Market Rates
Role: Support Engineer, Level 2
Role Description: The Support Engineer would need to have at least 5+ years of experience. In this role, your duties range from facility and data center operations including maintenance in a critical facility.
Work includes some installations, repairs, and maintenance of critical and non-critical electrical, mechanical, and plumbing/piping equipment, machinery and controls located in the interior and exterior of the building.
Monitors operations and conducts routine rounds and on-going assessment of the building systems. Performs tests, rounds and analyzes data to ensure the proper functioning of facilities equipment.
Work requires strong formal operational skill set, technical expertise, personal accountability, and flawless execution of work activities commensurate with a high risk critical environment and associated expectations for exceptional customer satisfaction and confidence.
- At the direction of the facilities manager, maintains, monitors, and performs preventive, predictive, and corrective maintenance on critical equipment, which may include the following: mechanical (including HVAC, computer room air conditioners, chillers, and plumbing) electrical (including UPS, DC battery systems, PDU, generators, transfer switches, and switchgear), cabling (including data and voice, broad band), fire detections and suppression, life safety, lighting, temperature control systems, building management systems, and digital systems (including fire alarm, and pre-action systems).
- Responsible for operation and maintenance of non-critical equipment such as HVAC, electrical, hot water systems.
- Monitors operation, adjusts, and maintains, chilled water, and air conditioning equipment; boilers, and ventilating and hot water heaters; pumps, valves, piping and filters; other mechanical and electrical equipment; record readings and make adjustments where necessary to ensure proper operation of equipment.
- Operates and monitors critical and non-critical system equipment and components. May oversee 3rd party contractors or computer technician for the safe and compliant operation, maintenance (corrective and preventive), and modification of critical equipment.
- Disables and enables fire alarm control panels and systems as directed.
- Install and repair plumbing/piping/tubing; wire single and three phase motors (single & two speed); run conduit; pull wiring to machinery, motors, operating parts, etc.; install and rebuild pumps and motors; install and rebuild air compressors; heat exchangers; replace bearings in all types of motors; replace seals on pumps; install and repair piping, valves, filters, hot water systems and associated controls; assist other mechanics and engineers with major repairs and maintenance of building and equipment. Install, repair, and maintain electrical controls, switching and motor controls.
- Receive and execute work orders for preventative and corrective maintenance on critical systems and building physical structure.
- Consult with Critical Environment Engineer, Level 3 or PHS facilities manager to order necessary materials to complete all maintenance and perform necessary work.
- Finalize work orders by completing necessary documentation in the computerized maintenance management system.
- Respond immediately to emergency situations (fire, evacuation, equipment failure, etc.) and customer concerns.
- Must be available for on-call services and to cover open shifts as needed. Support deliveries. (shipping and receiving)
- I.T. support (racking and stacking of hardware, hardware reboots) directed by information systems.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- 5 years of experience in critical environment operations, maintenance, and engineering supporting critical facilities operations.
- Working knowledge of critical data center systems, including HVAC, standby emergency power, uninterruptible power supplies, and associated infrastructure.
- Valid Driver’s License needed.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and execute administrative procedures, equipment manuals, drawings, complex work scripts, procedures, and maintenance work instructions.
- Must demonstrate a very strong written and verbal skill set.
- Knowledge of basic computer applications and software such as MS Office, Exchange, Excel, Service Now, BAS Tridium and Siemens automation systems.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Information Technology or another related field
Experience: Minimum 5+ years
Relocation: This position will not cover relocation expenses
Local Preferred: Yes
Recruiter Name: Arun Sharma
Recruiter Phone: 877.884.8834 (Ext: 2323)
Equal Employment Opportunity