Summary & Objective
The Preventionist, Infection Control (ICP)is responsible for the training of new staff in infection control principles and the yearly in servicing of current employees, monitoring compliance with infection control policies and practices. He/She is also responsible for tracking and trending infections/emerging pathogens in resident illnesses.
* Oversee and adhere to the Antibiotic Stewardship Program.
* Identify surveillance plan for facility, implement surveillance, review and collect data, analyze data, calculate rates, prepare reports, logs and checklists for feedback to clinical staff, committees and leadership
* Review and update policies in coordination with the Director, Nursing Services and Officer, Chief Medical based upon new guidelines, regulations, and scientific publications. Ensure all policies are reviewed and updated as needed.
* Review all possible sentinel events; participate in root cause analysis and follow-up action plan in coordination with Director, Nursing Services, Manager, Risk and report to facility administrator. Keep track record of cases reviewed and root cause analysis on cases of concern.
* Conduct annual Infection Control program evaluation, ongoing risk assessment and annual IC plan and communicate findings to appropriate committees and individuals.
* Oversee Employee Health program to ensure compliance with regulations, annual influenza immunization program, new hire health evaluation and immunization program, injury prevention and treatment and trend analysis of communicable disease exposure.
* Conducts facility rounds to ensure compliance with patient rooms, isolation rooms (PPE are available in room, storage bin outside of door with supplies, STOP sign on door, biohazard bins), hand hygiene product availability, hand washing techniques, refrigerators, linens (stored properly), soiled utility and linen room, supply room, dining rooms, halls, sharp containers.
* Oversees Infection Control plan to ensure compliance with immunizations for patient and/or resident's.
* Coordinates and ensures Antibiotic Stewardship Programs is properly managed in coordination with consultant pharmacist and physician.
* Ensures nursing personnel is in compliance with PPE.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
* Provides infection control in-services during orientation and on a regular basis to employees
* Attends and participates in Interdisciplinary Team Meetings as required.
* Maintain your required certifications and mandatory skill updates.
* Comply with all policies, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
* Answers call lights within appropriate established timeframe.
* Perform other duties as assigned
* May serve as an interim department leader depending on need
* Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and push/pull up to 250+ pounds, walk, climb stair or ladders, stand on feet for extended periods of time, etc.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
CHS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
* Clear and Active Registered Nurse license to practice in the state of Florida
* Infection Control Preventionist (ICP) qualified by education, training, experience or certificate
* CPR certification
* BSN preferred
* Must have knowledge of computer office/clinical software
* Must be able to read, write and understand the English language.
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Clinical Works
- Data Analysis
- Data Collection