CNH Industrial is a world-class equipment and services company. Driven by its purpose of Breaking New Ground, which centers on Innovation, Sustainability and Productivity, the Company provides the strategic direction, R&D capabilities, and investments that enable the success of its five core Brands: Case IH, New Holland Agriculture and STEYR, supplying 360° agriculture applications from machines to implements and the digital technologies that enhance them; and CASE and New Holland Construction Equipment delivering a full lineup of construction products that make the industry more productive. Across a history spanning over two centuries, CNH Industrial has always been a pioneer in its sectors and continues to passionately innovate and drive customer efficiency and success, driven by its purpose of Breaking New Ground. As a truly global company, CNH Industrial’s 35,000+ employees form part of a diverse and inclusive workplace, focused on empowering customers to grow, and build, a better world.
In Precision Technology, we make iron smarter. Our team members deliver innovative solutions helping our customers to be more productive, save time, lower costs, and to operate sustainably. From vehicle displays, application controls, steering solutions, digital services and telematics, to fully autonomous driverless technology, we develop solutions that solve challenges for customers around the world.
The Controls Engineer will be responsible for the development of guidance and autonomous controls for agricultural and construction equipment. This position works closely with the Integration teams, Electrical, Software, Simulation, Test Lab, and Vehicle groups to design and develop control systems.
- Assists in creating detailed product development and product launch plans.
- Evaluates and develops Guidance/ Autonomous controls and Artificial Intelligence technologies for CNHi vehicles.
- Develops target technologies to ensure efficient and timely completion of specific project milestones.
- Interfaces with vehicle engineering, software engineering and other departments to facilitate smooth launch of product.
- Works in a team to resolve issues with existing product lines related to Guidance, Electro-Hydraulic and Vehicle controls.
- Participates in design reviews, conducts DFMEAs, develops and manages validation plans.
- Provides team progress updates to direct manager or Competency Center managers as needed.
- Ensures the use of engineering standards, methodologies and global product development processes into engineering team’s daily work.
This position pays:91,300-132,000 (Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as skill, experience and qualification for the role.) .
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering (electrical or mechanical) or related techinical field. Ph.D. or M.S. degree in engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in linear controls (classical and state space)/system engineering
- Minimum of 3 years in non-linear controls (e.g. Back stepping, Sliding mode)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with Matlab / Simulink / Stateflow
- Design and development experience in Autoguidance and Autonomous controls
- Experience in real-time rapid control prototyping (dSpace, xPC target, NI etc.)
- Experience with online vehicle calibration (Control Desk, INCA, Vector tools etc.)
- Experience in developing Adaptive controls
- Experience working on agriculture and/ or construction equipment
- Knowledge in Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) tools
CNH Industrial offers a wide variety of benefits that not only encourages wellness and preventive care, but we also provide the right tools and programs to help you achieve it. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. Our industry leading 401k will support you in meeting your retirement objectives. Additional benefits include paid parental leave, flexible work policies, opportunities for self-development and paid leave for specific activities.
US applicants: CNH Industrial is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Applicants can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster and its supplement here. CNH Industrial participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. You can view additional information [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Guidance Controls Engineer
If you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call
option 1 and then option 5, or contact us at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Guidance Controls Engineer
Read about our company’s commitment to pay transparency by clicking this link: pay transparency notice.
Canada applicants: CNH Industrial is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, nationality, place of origin, disability, marital status, family status, age, or any other ground prohibited by applicable provincial human rights legislation.
- Artificial Intelligence
- Construction Plant Operation
- Control Systems
- D Space