Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
The Business Analysis Consultant will be part of the Product team driving business requirements and acceptance criteria for system functionality, defining and executing user acceptance test cases, monitoring production processes and supporting resolution of production issues, supporting implementations of new clients on supported products, and creating and maintaining user documentation and training materials. This position supports Medicaid, Medicare Advantage, and ACA enrollment, clinical, and reporting products.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Gathering and documenting Business Requirements for Clinical Care Management client implementations for Care Management, Utilization Management and Appeals & Grievances for Government Health Plans
- Configuration of Clinical CM/UM/AG and Correspondence applications
- Subject Matter Expertise in Care Management, Utilization Management and Appeals & Grievances
- Responsible for Business Requirements Traceability from Compliance and Operations through Solution and Delivery
- Driving and executing User Acceptance Testing
- Ability to troubleshoot and identify issues quickly
- Excellent presentation skills to Executive Management
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Utilize SQL database to perform validations, troubleshoot issues, and complete other analysis
- Creating and maintaining user documentation and training materials
- Provide support to development team and QA testers for requirement questions and root cause analysis of identified issues
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of experience of Medicaid and Medicare Clinical applications
- 5+ years of business analysis experience
- 3+ years of developing and executing user acceptance test cases
- 3+ years of Configuration of HealthEdge’s Guiding Care Application
- 2+ years of supporting projects following Agile methodology
- 2+ years of SQL experience to query large databases
- Ability to travel up to 20%
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington residents is $101,200 to $184,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.