To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Holly Hall Retirement Community • Houston, TX
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Coordinates and facilitates the timely and accurate completion of both the RAI and Care Management process from admission to discharge in accordance with State and Federal guidelines, Holly Hall policies and procedures, and all other entities as appropriate. Has the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out his/her assigned duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: Other duties may be assigned in an emergency situation.
- Works in collaboration with the Interdisciplinary Team to assess the needs of the residents
- Enforces accurate and timely resident assessments according to State and Federal guidelines
- Designates responsibility for completing sections of the assessment to the Interdisciplinary Team
- Completes accurate coding of the MDS with information obtained from medical record review as well as observation and interview with facility staff, resident, and family members
- Maintains the tracking system of MDS schedules – timeframes and due dates
- Maintains the frequent and accurate data entry of resident information into appropriate computerized MDS programs
- Assists in coordinating care plan conferences with the interdisciplinary team, residents, and families
- Obtains, reviews, and maintains all State and Federal reports, making appropriate corrections in a timely manner
- Coordinates the electronic submission of required documentation to the State database and other entities per State and Federal guidelines
- Completes required forms and documents in accordance with State and/or Federal regulations
- Attends Interdisciplinary Team meetings and other meetings in order to gather information, communicate changes, and maintain and update records
- Participates in the PPS meeting weekly and the Triple Check meeting monthly and confirms accuracy of data with documentation from rehabilitation provider, nursing, and the business office.
- Facilitates IDT execution of Medicare/Utilization Review Meetings
- Conducts ongoing assessment of IDT training needs and assists with such training.
- Participates in quality assurance activities
- Compliant with RN/LVN licensing standards as governed by the Texas Board of Nursing. Maintains licensure in an uninterrupted manner
- Responsible for obtaining continuing education to maintain current licensure and for attending annual facility in-service programs as scheduled
- Manages the Restorative Nursing Program and Weight Management System, coordinates meetings with staff to ensure effective delivery of services, implements changes as needed
- Review for accuracy New Admission charts on assigned unit and coordinate completion/correction of any missing documentation
Is responsible for overall direction, coordination, completion, and evaluation of the RAI , CAAs, and care plan for each resident in accordance with State and Federal regulations and Holly Hall policies and procedures. Responsibilities include assisting the DNS and/or ADNS with training employees in the MDS process, how documentation relates to the MDS, and assisting with appraisal of employee performance as it relates to documentation and care planning.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.S.N.) from a four-year college or university is preferred; ADN from an accredited college or university; LVN from an accredited college or technical school with MDS experience; with one to two years related experience and/or training in long term care; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid regulations and experience with the RAI process is required. Must have an active RAC-CT certification preferred with recent experience as MDS Coordinator in fast paced long term care setting.
Certifications, Licenses, registrations
Current licensure as a RN or LVN in the state of Texas
AANAC Certification for MDS 3.0