Part-Time Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant for an Allergy and Immunology Practice in
Westbury and Commack, NY
Strauss Allergy & Asthma, a Division of Allied Physicians Group, is an allergy, immunology, and pulmonary practice based in Westbury and Commack, New York. Our allergists and immunologists are trained to treat, diagnose, and manage asthma and allergies, in patients of all ages.
Strauss Allergy & Asthma is looking for a dynamic Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to enhance their team!
This is a part-time role working every Monday, Wednesday, Thursday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm in Commack. However, candidates will need to be available to work in the Westbury office as needed.
Founded in 2006, Allied Physicians Group is one of the largest private Pediatric medical partnerships within the New York Metropolitan Area. The group’s independence is an integral part to our success because it is not owned by a health system, hospital or insurance company. This freedom allows Allied doctors to refer patients to the specialists that are best for the child. Allied is comprised of more than 150 caring Providers who provide patient-centered care and collaborate on our best practices.
Our mission is to provide the highest quality healthcare with exceptional service to all who enter our doors. Our vision is to create an exceptional patient experience with a culture that empowers our staff and offer professional fulfillment to our providers. Our Core Values are what makes our culture:
- Obtain medical histories, conduct telemedicine visits if so required
- Perform physical examinations and testing
- Assist in the implementation of allergy immunotherapy
- Make diagnosis and order appropriate laboratory and diagnostic tests.
- Review test results
- Develop patient’s plan-of-care
- Provide patient/family education about medical conditions and treatments
- Counsel patients regarding therapeutic regimens, promoting wellness and health
- Prescribe medications
- Document exam and progress notes in EMR
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Nurse Practitioner candidates:
- Master’s of Science Degree from and accredited Nursing Program (MSN)
- NYS Registered Nurse License
- NYS Nurse Practitioner License
- Family Nurse Practitioner Certification
- BLS, ACLS, PALS a plus
- Will consider new grads however, employment is contingent on becoming certified within probationary period.
Physician Assistant candidates:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an ARC-PA accredited Physician Assistant Program
- NYS Physician Assistant License
- NCCPA Certification
- Additional Post-Graduate training in Family Medicine highly desirable
- BLS, ACLS, PALS a plus
- Will consider new grads, however, employment is contingent on certification/registration within probationary period.
- High level of professionalism when performing all duties
- Excellent communication, multi-tasking, customer service, time management, and organization skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must possess attention to detail and quality focus.
- Experience with electronic medical record (EMR) systems required, Centricity and Phreesia preferred.
- Healthcare and Wellness Benefits
- 401K & 3% Profit Sharing (after one-year)
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Malpractice Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
- AFLAC Voluntary Benefits
This Organization Participates in E-Verify. Allied Physicians Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.