Local Unit & Position Description
Maritime Advisory is providing support to customers in the Maritime industry globally in their efforts to make the right decisions to achieve profitable and sustainable results. We are a leading provider of services and products to the Maritime industry having the capabilities, experience, and track record to deliver high value assurance, mobilizing the full potential of customers’ assets and operations, putting technical matters and business decisions into meaningful context to achieve optimal results. Maritime Advisory combines deep domain expertise with an understanding of the industry and its stakeholders to assist customers tackle the transformations in the industry and ensure safe, digital and sustainable solutions.
Maritime Advisory Americas is a unit within Life Cycle Management (LCM) in Oslo Norway providing maritime advisory services to add substantial value to the business of DNV’s maritime customers and strengthening the development of customer relationships. Customers may be cruise industry or other traditional merchant maritime.
The unit provides a life-cycle approach for enhancing safety, sustainability and efficiency through new technologies and digitalization. The unit actively support maritime customers’ needs for substantial GHG emission reductions, e.g. through implementation of decarbonization technologies and alternative fuels. Responding to and addressing customers’ technical advisory needs in operation and at newbuild is also a key element of our market presence.
Due to a high workload we are seeking to hire an enthusiastic and motivated Consultant with a strong analytical and interpersonal skills to join our unit in Miami. We utilize the full range of maritime advisory tools and methodologies to address our clients’ operational and strategic challenges, enhancing the performance of vessels and fleets whilst ensuring compliance with charterer and regulatory requirements. We cover the full lifecycle from early concept advisory to preservation or recycling and serve all maritime segments and related industry stakeholders (authorities, port authorities, cargo owners etc.).
We are looking to strengthen our team with a consultant with a relevant higher academic / technical degree. Relevant professional experience is an advantage, but not a requirement. We are looking for somebody with a flexible mindset to take on projects for multiple facets of tasks and challenges triggered by many different individual client needs. Typical projects may include:
- Decarbonization compliance strategy decision-making and support
- ESG / sustainability advisory and reporting
- Structural analysis
- Noise and vibration measurements and analysis
- Technical root cause analysis and failure investigation
- Strategic advisory related to digitization and fleet management
- Infection prevention and control services for the cruise industry
- Useful economic life and retirement analysis of fleets and vessels
- Newbuilding and retrofit investment decision support
- Technology qualification
- Regulatory compliance and vetting support
- Project or operational risk assessment.
What You'll Do
As a Consultant, you will be performing the following tasks as part of a highly motivated team:
- Work collaboratively across multiple organizations and as part of the DNV Maritime Advisory network to deliver projects across a range of practices and competences.
- Support Senior and Principal Consultants with work for clients to identify needs, prioritize efforts, and/or train business unit individuals.
- Work effectively and cooperatively as a team member with a wide variety of internal and external peers and clients.
- Adapt well to the needs and expectations of a variety of customers.
- Profile DNV’s Advisory experience and capabilities to current and potential Maritime clients.
- Assist in marketing, sales and business development for our regional customers.
NOTE: Please submit a cover letter with your resume that details your specific knowledge and experiences related to this role.
What is Required
- Bachelor's degree in a related field is required. Master's degree is preferred
- Relevant experience from a consultancy and/or data analytics role preferred
- Previous experience as surveyor in fleet in service preferred
- Prior experience with the cruise industry is preferred
- Ability to apply digital solutions, analytics and modelling in an advisory context
- Ability to apply knowledge and analytical skills to solve complex technical challenges and work on several projects in parallel
- Self-propelled and energetic
- Quality centered and accurate
- Excellent team player
- Creative and innovative with the ability to approach challenges from different angle
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- We conduct a pre-employment background check and drug screen
- Interesting and challenging projects – regional and international
- Work with dedicated and competent colleagues with a high experience and specialization level in an international environment
- Interaction with advanced customers with complex and exciting operational and technical challenges in shipping and offshore
- Be part of a global company with 13 000 employees, world leading professional networks and diverse internal job opportunities
- The possibility to grow and develop your competencies and ambitions within DNV
**Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position**
DNV offers exceptional benefits including health, vision and dental insurances, FSA/HSA, 401K, life insurance, paid time off, sick time, short- and long-term disability, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), education assistance, ID theft protection, consumers’ discounts and rewards.
How We Do It
We Care, We Dare, We Share
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package. We value diversity, equity and inclusion and want you to bring your whole self to work each day. Read more here:
[ Link removed ]
[ Link removed ]
[ Link removed ]
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see:
[ Link removed ]
Please visit our website at [ Link removed ]
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in risk management and assurance, with almost 12,000 employees operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We are the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.
- Business Development
- Customer Relationship Management
- Data Analysis