This individual will be responsible for a variety of banking operational processes, programs and procedures as they relate to loans, deposits, cash management and other functions that support the Bank’s retail and commercial account activities. The candidate should be comfortable working in a collaborative environment and successful handling multiple work assignments, with the ability to prioritize as business necessitates. This individual should have past successes in leading an operational team that maintains a balanced approach, and is committed to delivering exceptional client experiences, while maintaining high levels of efficient outcomes, and meeting compliance and regulatory requirements.
Plan, organize, and manage all activities for the banking operations as they relate to Deposit Operations, Card Services, Cash Management, Retail and Commercial Loan Servicing and Bank Production.
Design and implement department wide operational standards and performance goals.
Lead department performance outcomes, through effective use of proven dashboard indicators that measure quality, efficiency and client satisfaction.
Lead strategic plans as aligned with company goals, and guide supporting initiatives to grow profits and maintain client and employee satisfaction.
Lead workflow analysis planning to ensure the most current and productive technology is in place to enhance outcomes, streamline workflow, reduce costs and improve internal and external service.
Foster a collaborative work environment that promotes, open, candid and direct communication that positively impacts results.
Lead change initiatives through team by timely communication of essential business decisions, impacting department standards, and employee job responsibilities.
Analyze business needs, highlight process to meet expectations including gaps, and recommend opportunity for continued improvement.
Maintain awareness of general banking laws, regulations and programs that will impact current processes and make mid-course corrections as needed and/or implement new policies.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
• Job requires expert knowledge of banking laws, regulations and programs.
• Job requires ability to define any impact new banking polices and/or changes, will have on current business processes, and the ability to make timely mid-course corrections to comply with new regulations.
• Effectively lead effort to recommend staffing needs, after careful needs analysis input; for current staff training and development, and talent acquisition to fill new staffing needs.
• Job requires proven leadership capabilities to develop staff by coaching, mentoring, and guiding to influence behavior, and positively impact performance.
• Ensure day to day practices maintain compliant with local, state and federal regulations.
• Ability to develop, design, implement and closely monitor Standards of Excellence in client experience.
• Strong business acumen, proven interpersonal and consultative skills.
• Job requires use of critical thinking, logic, and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
• Job requires thorough analysis of information and use of logic to address complexity of data and information.
• Job requires developing constructive and cooperative relationships with others.
• Job requires monitoring and assessing the performance of others and the organization to make improvements or take corrective action.
• Job requires honesty, integrity, and ethical behavior.
• Job requires a willingness to take on responsibility and challenges.
• Job requires ability to manage multiple demands and priorities.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field (Master’s degree preferred).
• Seven to Ten years’ experience in financial/operational services industry.
• Five to Seven years’ leadership experience.
• Previous experience in banking regulations for general banking and lending is highly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Expert knowledge of banking products, services, and systems.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• High reasoning skills including the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw reasonable conclusions.
• Ability to collaborate and relate well to all kinds of people, build appropriate rapport and constructive, effective relationships, and use tact and diplomacy to handle situations comfortably.
• Ability to apply critical thinking to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions or approaches to problems.
• Ability to think strategically and systemically.
• Proficient reading, writing and mathematics skills.
• Ability to communicate clearly in order to effectively convey information so that others understand and as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
• Ability to sit for long periods of time up to 85% of work hours.
• Ability to use hands to grasp, handle or feel.
• Ability to use computer keyboard and system to enter data and process information.
• Ability to read a computer screen at a close distance.
• Ability to read, talk clearly so that others understand, hear, comprehend the written and spoken word, and see.
• Ability to use telephone to communicate with others.
• Moderate sound as in business office with office machines, computers, and people traffic.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract, implied or otherwise. Amboy Bank maintains “at will” employment.