POSITION SUMMARY: The Specialized Call Representative I position will be responsible for servicing Residential and Commercial loans between 45 to 120 days of delinquency. Primary responsibilities are focused around curing early delinquencies through negotiating full reinstatements or establishing short term repayment plans. If the agent is unable to cure the delinquency they are required to advise the customer on how to apply for a full review of loss mitigation options. This group handles a large volume of inbound calls from loans in early stages of delinquency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for handling incoming calls received on ACD line or direct line
• Make outbound calls to customers to attempt to establish Right Party Contact
• Establish and follow-up on repayment plans
• Negotiate and process reinstatements
• Update customers’ verbal financials, where applicable
• Skip-trace no contact mortgagors
• Maintain delinquency flags and holds
• Issue posting instructions to cashiering
• Schedule phone interviews with Asset Management
• Complete all duties and responsibilities in compliance with all regulatory requirements
• Other duties as assigned. SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES: Required: • Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Self-starter with the ability to work well under pressure with little supervision
• The ability to de-escalate difficult calls Preferred:
• Working knowledge of the requirements imposed under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
• Knowledge of the Department Policy and Procedures
• Knowledge of Federal and State collection regulation
• Knowledge of Call Center technology
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum one year prior mortgage servicing experience preferred
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, AND/OR REGISTRATION
• No requirement
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to handle, touch or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee is rarely required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
EEOC Bayview is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Written Communication
- Verbal Communication
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
- Mortgage Loans
- Automatic Call Distributor