To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Phoenix, AZ 85027
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Financial Reporting Analyst
Centuri Group, Inc. • Phoenix, AZ
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Join the leader in underground pipeline construction and get yourself a solid career with solid pay! Take the first step on your path to career advancement; Join Us - we’ve got work for the next 100 years!
Our Entry Level Financial Reporting Analyst will assist in the preparation and review of internal and external financial statements and the review of internal accounting results and other financial reporting. You will also perform accounting research and ensure transactions are recorded in accordance with U.S. GAAP and Centuri’s policies and procedures.
- Excellent benefit package including Health Insurance as low as .23 cents per week
- Employer Health Saving Acct. contribution up to $1,600.00 per year
- Company 401(k) match: dollar for dollar on first 3% and $.50 on the dollar for the next 4%
- Dental and Vision as low as $5.45 per week
- 9 company paid holidays plus accrue PTO/Vacation time
- Assist with the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual audited financial statements and supporting schedules including all required footnote disclosures in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- Perform detailed tie outs and recalculations of all financial statement related numbers with a critical focus on details and accuracy
- Document and assist with the implementation of recently issued accounting standards
- Provide support for internal financial reporting including monthly reporting of financial results to management, monthly fluctuation analysis and budget to actual preparation for certain accounts or entities, and other ad hoc reporting requests
- Research proper accounting treatment of unusual and significant transactions
- Draft and update accounting policy memos, SOPs, and process narratives, as necessary
- Prepare financial reporting related journal entries, as necessary
- Complete audit preparation activities and response to inquiries including pulling sample selections and completing schedules as requested by the external auditors
- Perform annual financial reporting activities including revenue cut-off testing, unrecorded liabilities search, joint cost allocation and time studies
- Perform ad hoc projects as directed by members of the External Reporting team
- Perform other duties as requested by leadership
Education, Skills, Experience Needed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
- Achievement of or desire to obtain CPA certificate required
- Experience performing financial statement audits or general accounting experience a plus
- Financial accounting system experience a plus and Microsoft Office skills a must
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate with employees, consultants, department heads and senior management
- Must be a self-starting multi-tasker with the ability to accomplish all assignments timely, independently, and against aggressive deadlines
- Must be professional and personable, a skilled communicator, both written and oral, and a team player
- System and analytical skills necessary to identify and resolve difficult system and ledger issues
- Ability to concentrate and function in an organized and timely manner
- Work is performed in a typical indoor office environment
- Flexibility to work a minimum of a 40-hour work week with additional time as required
- Must be able to read documents, use a computer, communicate verbally and in writing
- Mobility required within an office, warehouse and construction site environments
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 20 pounds
- Pass pre-employment, random, post-accident, and reasonable suspicion drug screens
- Provide valid US work authorization documents for E-Verify
- Satisfactory results of pre-employment background check results
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
This job description is subject to change at any time. It reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, and does not exclude or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Centuri and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. Centuri will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a test or job interview) if so requested.
Nearest Major Market: Phoenix