To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Merrifield, VA 22119
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Lead Senior Accountant - General Ledger
Navy Federal Credit Union • Merrifield, VA
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine IND123
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To be an integral member of Navy Federal’s Corporate Accounting team and to contribute to the wellbeing of the entire department. The ideal candidate will want to succeed in working all internal partners that include stakeholders, upper management, and junior members on the team. You will ask to execute Navy Federal’s financial accounting processes by applying federal and industry regulations and standards, and to support the accurate reconciliation and maintenance of the organization’s financial statements and reports. The ideal candidate will also be asked to work on process improvement and other high level accounting functions.
* Performs accounting activities to include review and analysis of financial records to ensure accurate application of industry standards
* Maintains financial statements, general ledger and associated accounts by reviewing and analyzing accounting activities
* Performs monthly close activities to include reviewing and monitoring entries to the Trial Balance, Balance Sheet, and Income Statement accounts and posting of adjustments
* Performs account reconciliation, analytics and variance analysis, and provides sufficient supporting documentation
* Applies broad knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Accounting Standard Codification (ASC) to the preparation of Navy Federal financial statements
* Identifies simplifying assumptions and accounting methods, and instances of incorrect application of GAAP/ASC; quantifies the impact of such treatment and recommends solution
* Investigates, resolves and /or escalates complex discrepancies, data entry errors, and out of balance situations; prepares and presents recommendations for immediate action or proposals for policy changes to prevent losses
* Serves as point of contact for inquiries and problem resolution in collaboration with all levels of management and staff across the organization
* Participates in process and automated improvement initiatives
* Other duties as required based on skill
Qualifications -- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* CPA required
* Strong knowledge and understanding of the application of GAAP
* Experience leading projects and working with cross-functional teams including demonstrated skill in presenting complex financial information clearly and concisely
* Understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) control environment and requirements
* Ability to work both independently and in a team environment to include mentoring/guiding teammates
* Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, and the ability to interact with external and internal contacts (e.g., auditors and other oversight groups to provide requested information/data)
* Strong problem solving, analytical and decision making skills
* Ability to work in a deadline driven environment
* Public Accounting/Audit experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability