**Southern States Transportation Leader**
Req ID **7732**
**Southern States Transportation Leader**
**Who We Are**
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We're looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all experiences, skillsets, backgrounds and walks of life. We actively foster a work environment and culture where inclusion and diversity is part of our fundamental structure. This is delivered behaviorally, through our policies, trainings, local partnerships with professional diverse organizations, internal networks and most importantly with the support and sponsorship of our leaders who help drive our commitment to an inclusive, diverse, welcoming and equitable work environment. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Transportation District Business Line Lead for our Southern States District. The following locations will be considered: Atlanta, Georgia, Baton Rouge or New Orleans, Louisiana, Charlotte or Raleigh, North Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina, and Nashville, Tennessee.
The Transportation District Business Line Leader will lead the growth, operations, project delivery and client success for WSP's transportation business in the Southern States District, which includes Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee. This dynamic position will require leading a team of technical practitioners and "seller-doers" to develop new client relationships and enhance existing ones, win new work, and deliver projects of the highest quality for our clients. The position will work with district leaders across all sectors, as well as with regional and national leadership, to position WSP as the preferred and trusted choice for clients and employees.
• Leverages our broad technical experience to enhance current and new service offerings.
• Fosters the development of new and emerging innovations to remain the trusted thought leaders in our industry.
• Advances the strategic direction of the district and positions the district and region for sustained and continued growth consistent within the context of the strategic plan.
• Encourages, supports and promotes the technical and professional development of all staff within WSP.
• Sets clients at the center for all we do, helping them be "Future Ready" through sustainable planning and design, and prepared for emerging market disrupters.
• Brings an expanded view and integrated response to complex challenges by leveraging our full suite of offerings across all end markets.
• Utilizes our extended reach across regions, districts, offices and the globe to foster new and innovative client delivery.
• Deploys our unique expertise and perspective to create new value for clients and provides civic and industry leadership within the district.
• Manages client coordination and cross-selling efforts across all business lines in coordination with Region, District, National Business Lines, Strategic Growth Team andPursuit Management.
• Pulls together the best teams to maximize productivity including bringing in technical expertise as applicable to best solve client challenges.
People & Culture
• Attracts the best industry talent by fostering a work environment that is collaborative, values inclusion and diversity and invites broad, creative thinking - crafting a more attractive place to work, grow and thrive.
• Emphasizes employee training and development to create a unique work experience.
• Participates in strategic recruitment, promotional programs and performance management focused on the employee experience, wellness and safety.
• Inspires, motivates and promotes the best of WSP to our clients and communities to ensure strong employee engagement and morale.
• Supports programs such as Safety, Sustainability and Ethics & Compliance.
• Develops district growth, forecast and business development strategy in collaboration with Region Business Line Leaders and National Business Lines.
• Prioritizes investments to enhance WSP's ability to deliver high quality, sustainable projects for clients bringing the best tools and practices available to market.
• Optimizes the client and employee experience through regular review and implements process improvements and automation.
• Focuses on innovation and enhancing health & safety, quality and sustainable standards.
• Assembles the best teams to maximize productivity including bringing in technical expertise as applicable to best solve client challenges.
• Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP's Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
**Who You Are**
• Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline.
• 15+ years of related professional experience.
• Strong client and project delivery experience in the Transportation sector, with an understanding other market sectors within the A/E/C industry.
• Experience building business through external client engagement and internal sales management processes.
• Experience with budget management and an enterprise business aptitude.
• Demonstrated experience of leadership, personal accountability, persistence and being goal-oriented.
• Ability to innovate and re-think the conventional approach to client and employee engagement.
• Experience with change management with a strong business acumen and an aptitude for improving processes.
• Experience with key performance indicators including EBITDA, Organic Growth, Days Sales Outstanding, Utilization, Backlog, promoting Inclusion & Diversity initiatives.
• Commitment to internal and external client service.
• Strong communication skills, collaborative, and drive consensus.
• Motivational with a staff development mindset and excellent leadership/managerial and mentoring/teaching skills.
• Highly organized, detail oriented, and skilled with implementation/logistics.
• Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP's health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
• Master's Degree in a related discipline.
+ To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
+ **Travel Required:** 30%
+ **Job Status:** Regular
+ **Employee Type:** Full
+ **Primary Location:** CHARLOTTE - MOREHEAD SQ DR
+ **All locations:** US-GA-Atlanta, US-LA-Baton Rouge, US-LA-New Orleans, US-NC-Charlotte, US-NC-Raleigh, US-SC-Columbia, US-TN-Nashville
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 12,000 employees in over 200 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a flexible, agile and hybrid workplace model while meeting client needs. Employees are also afforded a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on providing health and financial stability throughout the employee's career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Attention To Detail
- Business Development
- Business Process Improvement
- Change Management
- Coaching And Mentoring