As a Culinary Intern or Extern with the Hershey Entertainment Complex, you will assist and supervise at the Giant Center and Entertainment Complex with culinary kitchen operations, ordering and receiving items, managing inventory, and assisting with general supervision and staffing of part time and seasonal Culinary staff.
The Entertainment Complex consists of Hersheypark (including ZooAmerica), Hersheypark Stadium, Hersheypark Arena, Giant Center and Hershey Theatre.
- Internship will include flexible shifts around 35 hours or more per week.
- Housing may be available through our housing partner depending on start date.
- Assist in the development and maintaining of dining plans, kitchen guidelines, food safety and handling procedures, and food presentation techniques
- Create and ensure kitchen and catering event orders are updated for each event to include; food items, audiovisual room requirements, staffing requirements, and any special needs
- Assist with communicating staffing requirements in preparation for scheduling and acting as a liaison when updates are needed
- Assist with ordering of food items and supplies, and receiving and storing them appropriately
- Assist with inventory management; to include, rotating stock, counting, and adhering to standard par levels
- Assist within the operations with delivery of food items and supplies
- Enter and modify standardized recipe forms
- Other job related duties as assigned
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be in student currently enrolled in a Culinary or Pastry program.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and have the ability to quickly learn computer based applications
- Must have proven excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be innovative and be self-motivated to complete tasks
- Must be detail orientated with proven organizational skills
- Must have reliable, steady transportation to and from work
- Must display a positive attitude, eagerness to learn, and professional image in compliance with Hershey Entertainment & Resorts guidelines
- Must be able to work flexible shifts, including; days, evenings, nights, weekends (including both Saturday and Sunday), and holidays
- Schedule for this position includes hours up to 35 hours per week (additional hours up to approximately 50 hours per week may be available during some weeks)
- Physical requirements include standing (for a majority of the shift), sitting, walking and lifting a minimum of 25 pounds unassisted and 50 with assistance
- Regular outside work in various weather conditions is required (including extreme heat, sun exposure, cold, and other inclement weather)
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Attention To Detail