To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Virginia, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Project Manager, Federal
Energy Systems Group • Virginia, VA
Posted 11 days ago
The Project Manager is responsible for coordinating all aspects of project execution, assisting in developing responses to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and initial energy audits, ensuring a smooth transition from the sales and development effort to the design phase, continuing to the installation and on-going service phases of the completed project. This includes, but is not limited to, identification of preliminary Energy Conservation Measures, advising and assisting the Business Development Manager(s) and Project Procurement Manager(s) in estimating costs and managing the account, conferring with engineering personnel on technical information, procuring and managing outside contractors, scheduling project phases and training customers' maintenance personnel. The Project Manager manages all aspects of project budgets including change management, revenue projections, customer billings, and quarterly updates. This individual acts as the primary point of contact for all internal personnel, external contractors, subcontractors, and customer agents to coordinate all aspects of project installation. As such, the Project Manager is expected to ensure that proposals are delivered on time, projects are completed on time and within budget, and that customers are satisfied with both the installation process and the end results.Responsibilities
- Coordinates with Project Procurement Manager(s) and Business Development Manager(s) to ensure that prompt and accurate estimates and pricing are achieved and consistent with project goals
- Manages all aspects of scoping, pricing, and negotiating customer change orders during implementation
- Leads the project team during project development and implementation, develops and maintains ongoing contact with the customer to schedule and coordinate all work performed and to ensure clear and consistent communication about project progress, costs, and training
- Assists Project Procurement Manager(s) in obtaining quotes from outside mechanical, electrical, and construction contractors and vendors; chooses appropriate contractors and vendors for each project; issues contracts, schedules and manages all contractor and subcontractor work and ensures on-time arrival of all project equipment and supplies
- Works with the Senior Project Director and Senior Project Manager to develop contracting strategies, bid document formulation and bid evaluation procedures, coordination of final contract documents, administration of client contracts, preparation and administration of all 3rd party contracts and supervision of other contract personnel as necessary
- Coordinates with ESG management, Finance, and Accounting support groups to ensure project is on track and that cost objectives are met
- Approves quarterly Project Delivery Affidavits which list documents and records used to recognize revenue and customer billings
- Reviews Project Metrics report with Project Accountant
- Monitors labor, materials, project modifications and work completion and makes changes as necessary to ensure achievement of project objectives within cost and time constraints
- Works with all subcontractors to ensure systems, software and control strategies achieve project operational goals
- Oversees all aspects of installation including quality control and commissioning, working with all parties involved to proactively prevent and solve problems that may arise in the course of the projects
- Creates and maintains an efficient, effective project workforce, providing training and supervision for each member assigned to the project and coordinating team member activities to meet project objectives
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to all OSHA, Federal, State and safety regulations as well as all ESG policies and procedures
- Responsible for the development and approval of project-specific safety plans and other required safety documentation, including AHAs and/or other pre-task planning procedures
- Stays abreast of all changes in Federal, State, and Local safety regulations and company policies as they pertain to the project installation and implements system changes as required
- Analyzes project costs and works with Accounting and Finance departments to determine customer billing
- Directs O&M activities at multiple sites, including operations, preventative maintenance and major repair and replacement activities
- Performs other appropriate duties as deemed necessary by management
JOB REQUIREMENTS:EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university with a minimum of five (5) years' engineering and construction-related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum construction-related requirements include:
- Exposure to ESPC or other energy related performance contracting project development, including developing and reviewing energy savings calculations and developing cost estimates
- Experience in working with and directing project teams
- Experience in developing schedules and budgets
- Demonstrated ability to work with others, especially customers, in a professional and ethical manner
- Demonstrated working knowledge of OSHA, Federal, and State safety regulations
- OSHA 30-hour certification
- In addition to the minimum requirements listed above, ESG would prefer construction-related experience to include:
- Training and supervision experience
- Working and directing project teams
- Successfully scheduling projects
- Running job-site progress meetings
- Working directly with owners in a professional and ethical manner
- Managing project budgets
- Professional certification from an accredited certification program: Professional Engineer (PE) license, Certified Construction Manager (CCM), Project Management Professional (PMP), Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional (LEED AP), etc.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects from development to project closure
- Demonstrated ability to manage project budgets and project schedules, properly document projects, and work well with customers to achieve customer satisfaction on every job
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to work well with all levels and types of people
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, etc.
- Ability to ready, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and/or governmental regulations
- Ability to compose and write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of manager, clients, customers, and/or the general public
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and simultaneously deal with abstract and concrete variables
- Ability to assist employees in understanding project objectives and specifications and see various points of view
- Maturity and professionalism to effectively handle frequent exposure to senior members at ESG, as well as with external organizations, customers, and the public
ESTIMATED TIME ALLOCATION
Frequent travel (approximately 30%-60%), including overnight stays, is required.
This is a remote position and can be located anywhere in the contiguous United States.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work at a desk and operate a computer, often sitting for long periods of time. The employee may occasionally have to lift and/or move up to 10 to 20 pounds. This position requires the ability to think quickly on your feet while maintaining a level head. The ability to defuse sensitive issues is necessary.
Consistent and reliable attendance is required.
The employee is required to practice, recognize, and interpret safety precautions and follow safety rules and OSHA requirements as they relate to the job. The employee is required to work in an indoor environment, but with potential to work on-site at certain projects. This may include outdoor environments. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Energy Systems Group reserves the rights to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the company desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including main accountabilities, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at-will.”
Energy Systems Group prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Energy Systems Group to implement opportunities for all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or physical or mental disability, veteran, or any other legally protected status, as embodied in federal, state, and local legislation. Equal employment is a part of all of our personnel policies and practices, including but not limited to, all hiring, placement, promotions, transfers, advertising, training, and termination policies.