* Mission: Rooted in LGBTQ+ liberation, Howard Brown Health provides affirming healthcare and mobilizes for social justice. We are agents of change for individual wellbeing and community empowerment.
* Vision: Howard Brown Health envisions a future where healthcare and transformative social policies actualize human rights and equity for all.
* Community-based health clinics in some of Chicago's most underserved neighborhoods
* The largest LGBTQ health provider in the Midwest
* Latinx inclusive community based on respect, equal opportunity, and appreciation of diversity to provide the culturally competent support and services within Howard Brown Health.
What is in it for you:
* A commitment to work-life balance with:
* 3-weeks paid vacation and 1-week of personal time
* 12 accrued sick days per year
* 9 paid holidays, including Juneteenth
* PTO Exchange allows employees to turn unused PTO into liquid assets
* Employer-sponsored health, dental, vision insurance with two PPO plans and an HMO plan.
* BCBS HMO, PPO and PPO Select Plans
* HMO premium = $27/month
* BCBS Dental premium = $7.50/month
* EyeMed Vision premium = $3.26/month
* 401k program with up to 5% employer match after 90 days = $1,700+
* Employer-paid basic life insurance valued at one times the annual salary
* Voluntary Life and AD&D, and Short-term and Long-term disability
* Up to $720 pre-tax commuter and parking benefit account
* Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and dependent care
* Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Forgiveness Programs; NHSC & PSLF
* Employee Assistance Program with 5 employer-paid counseling sessions
* 50% off at Brown Elephant Resale Shops and discounts at local businesses
What you can expect:
As a psychotherapist at Howard Brown Health, you will develop and provide individual, relationship, family and group therapy services. Target groups include gay, lesbian, bisexual, asexual transgender, and gender expansive individuals and other at-risk individuals of varied ethnic backgrounds, as well as HIV/AIDS impacted clients.
How you will make an impact:
* Conduct mental health intake screenings, make referrals, complete assessments, and provide therapy.
* Provide crisis assessment and trauma-informed intervention to behavioral health clients.
* Complete behavioral health surgery letters for clients seeking gender affirmation surgeries.
* Document patient contact/progress concisely in the electronic medical record in accordance with policies and procedures.
* Meet weekly productivity standards including, but not limited to, number of encounters per week.
* Ensure highest quality of care by collaborating with other disciplines (i.e., medical, resource advocacy, psychiatry, linkage to care, outreach, drop-in workers) to improve client mental and physical health.
* Participate in quality assurance activities including program evaluation, staff development, continuing education and outcome assessment.
* Attend and participate in all required meetings, including department and program meetings, agency committee meetings, agency all-staff meetings, trainings and group consultation.
* Maintain the highest level of patient confidentiality.
* Provide timely and succinct feedback to PCPs, case managers and resource advocates, drop-in workers, linkage to care workers and other staff regarding client condition and possible barriers to care for shared clients.
What you will bring to Howard Brown Health
* Masters or Doctoral level degree in social work, psychology, counseling or related field
* Current licensure as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC), or as a Licensed Clinical Psychologist in Illinois.
* Demonstrated experience in crisis intervention, and individual and group therapy.
* Previous experience working with the LGBTQ community
* Prior knowledge and experience working with diverse communities, especially those impacted by HIV/AIDS.
* Knowledge of health disparities, substance use and domestic violence issues within LGBTQ communities.
* Prior experience working with transgender, gender non-conforming and gender queer people.
* Completed State of Illinois domestic violence 40-hour training and previous experience working with clients impacted by intimate partner violence
* Prior experience supervising interns or volunteers.
* Experience utilizing harm reduction and strength based approaches.
* Spanish speaking and/or Deaf/HOH communication skills.
* Requires ability to speak audibly and listen actively.
* Requires ability to use computers, telephones and other office equipment.
* Requires ability to sit for extended periods of time.
* May require occasional bending and lifting up to 25 pounds.
* May require periodic travel.
- Audio Equipments
- Behavioral Medicine
- Clinical Psychology