To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
West Main Street
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Manager, External Relations - IBM Corporate
IBM • Charlottesville, VA
Posted 1 month ago
Your Role and Responsibilities
Location: New York City or Armonk, NY. Please note we are not able to offer relocation assistance.
Are you passionately up-to-date on emerging and future trends in technology? Can you translate the complex into simple, clear and intuitive communication? Do you act with an urgency that says the work matters, because it does? We are hiring a top-tiered External Relations Professional to uncover and tell stories related to our company’s leadership in technology solutions, services, and research.
In this role, you will dig in across IBM’s strategic pillars and connect with key executives, technologists and subject matter experts to craft narratives that excite and inspire. Additionally, you will build relationships with IBM’s clients to tell the story of how they are changing their companies, their industries and the world through applying the latest in emerging and core technologies.
You should be someone who is creative and strategic, with a "sleeves rolled up" attitude. Those who are successful in this role have strong writing chops, actively nurture mutually-beneficial relationships with media, and exude real passion for storytelling - from concept through placement. We are looking for the kind of leader who inspires people to join their mission and empowers the team to dream big and win big.
- Develop quarterly communications plans to promote key issues.
- Actively identify and build media opportunities. Work with thought leaders and SMEs to craft compelling newsworthy stories to secure high profile media articles and firestart discussions on social platforms.
- Produce high quality written material in a timely manner, adhering to corporate guidelines. Ability to check accuracy of written documents and pull together creative copy and opinion articles.
- Be at ease with senior executives, with the confidence to continue building IBM’s relationship with international, business, national, industry trade and technology media journalists.
- Provide day-to-day consultancy to the business on communications issues, in particular, identifying potential issues. Consult on a range of techniques available and recommend as appropriate.
- Be regarded as the first point of contact by the business unit team, inspiring dedication and trust.
- Pursue and harness strategic press/influencer relationships and serve to the highest professional standards.
- Work across IBM Watson-related businesses and IBM Corporate Communications (external, internal and executive) to ensure cross-feed of information.
This role requires the ability to work in the U.S. without current or future need for IBM sponsorship.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- 10+ years of media relations, pr, or communications experience in B2B technology.
- Managerial experience.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Ability to synthesize complex technologies, products, and market challenges.
- Superior organizational skills; able to manage competing priorities at once.
- Strong interpersonal skills; inclined to develop and lead direct reports and cross-functional teams to achieve results.
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.