To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Artesia, NM 88210
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Engineer - Process
HollyFrontier Corporation • Artesia, NM
Posted 12 days ago
HollyFrontier Corporation located in Artesia, NM is seeking an Engineer – Process. The Engineer – Process conducts engineering assignments for the Engineering Department and functions as a technical specialist, formulating and developing moderately complex engineering concepts.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
- Uses common engineering concepts in a particular field to perform projects, and assignments for the engineering department with direct supervision and exercises judgment in the independent evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria
- Estimates the cost and feasibility of a given project, supervises contractors and field activities and provides discipline specific engineering assistance, direction and development assistance to colleagues depending on assignment
- Resolves a variety of complex problems, (i.e. conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, difficult coordination requirements), and solves technical problems related to projects, troubleshoots and updates report data for business unit(s) depending on assignment
- Design chemical plant equipment and devise processes for manufacturing chemicals and products
- Conduct research to develop new and improved chemical manufacturing processes
- Design and plan layout for chemical processes on a commercial scale
- Determine most effective arrangement of operations, such as mixing, crushing, heat transfer distillation, oxidation, hydrogenation, and polymerization
- Implement processing methods and controls to meet quality standards in the most cost efficient manner
- Investigate and resolve work-in-process problems
- Recommend and implement improvements and/or modification in sequence of operations, equipment utilization, and related matters
- Review proposals of outside vendors regarding the purchase of new or modernization of existing processing equipment
- Review plans and prepare or review technical specifications, contract documents and estimates
- Work on design/engineer projects
- Procure equipment/material
- Track schedule and costs
- Upgrade, design, configure, maintain and monitor related equipment and performance
- Analyze related components and systems, processes and methods, and refinery processes and economics
- Develop project scopes, budgets and AFE’s for approval and ensure projects meet budget as well as refinery and OSHA standards
- Optimize business unit(s) and analyze data to aid operations with decisions, ensuring maintenance and integrity of business unit(s) data
- Review outside vendors proposals regarding purchase of new, or modernization of existing, processing equipment
- Improve profitability of the refinery
- Design and build plant additions and modifications
- Act as a liaison between the company and county and state agencies
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion
A minimum of 2 years of progressive work experience in engineering discipline. Emphasis on power distribution and controls engineering is required of the electrical discipline depending on assignment.
Registration as a Professional Engineer preferred. Refinery or Petrochemical industry experience preferred. FCC, CCR, Alky, Sulfur unit, Delayed Coking, Lubes Processing and hydrotreating experience is preferred for Chemical discipline.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is required.
Intermediate knowledge of commonly used engineering concepts and ability to apply this knowledge analytically. Ability to coordinate all phases of a project
Working knowledge of Microsoft products and experience with engineering software is preferred.
May be responsible for supervising contractors depending on assignment.
Office and plant based with up to 10% travel required. Subject to varying weather conditions and required to work in all temperatures, including outdoors.
Job conditions require standing, walking, sitting, talking or hearing, making visual inspections, making precise hand and finger movements, lifting or carrying up to 50 lbs, climbing up to 200 ft, perceive color differences, required to wear personal protective equipment as needed and a respirator in emergency situations (beards are not permitted), ability to operate and drive all assigned company vehicles at company standard insurance rates is essential (inability to maintain standard insurance rates is grounds for dismissal), valid State driver’s license and proof of insurance required. Depending on location must satisfactorily complete a comprehensive medical physical examination. Job conditions may require twisting, stooping, crouching, kneeling, reaching or grasping, and working in confined spaces as permitted.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our primary values at HollyFrontier are: We put health and safety first; We care about the environment.
All HollyFrontier employees are expected to work safely every day and be safety & environmental leaders. This includes active participation in the following:
- Stops and/or reports any unsafe work or conditions
- Follows safety & environmental policies and procedures
- Supports safety & environmental goals and initiatives
- Participates in safety & environmental meetings, training, emergency drills and hazard recognition programs
- Reports all accidents, injuries and near misses, and participates in associated investigations
- Participates in industrial hygiene, medical surveillance and behavior based safety programs
HollyFrontier Corporation, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is an independent petroleum refiner and marketer that produces high value light products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel and other specialty products. HollyFrontier operates through its subsidiaries a 135,000 barrels per stream day ("bpsd") refinery located in El Dorado, Kansas, a 125,000 bpsd refinery in Tulsa, Oklahoma, a 100,000 bpsd refinery located in Artesia, New Mexico, a 52,000 bpsd refinery located in Cheyenne, Wyoming and a 45,000 bpsd refinery in Woods Cross, Utah. HollyFrontier markets its refined products principally in the Southwest U.S., the Rocky Mountains extending into the Pacific Northwest and in other neighboring Plains states. In addition, HollyFrontier, through its subsidiary, owns Petro-Canada Lubricants Inc. whose Mississauga, Ontario facility produces 15,600 barrels per day of base oils and other specialized lubricant products, and also owns a 57% limited partner interest and a non-economic general partner interest in Holly Energy Partners, L.P.Join HollyFrontier where you have the opportunity to develop and own your career!
HollyFrontier Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.