To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- White Plains, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Woman's Health Ultrasound Sonographer
Westmed Medical Group • White Plains, NY
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Under the general supervision of the Director and the Manager of Women's Health, the Women’s Health Sonographer assists the OB/GYN and/or Perinatal physicians. The sonographer will be responsible for supporting the physician by utilizing essential medical history and clinical correlation of patient information. The role will require performing ultrasound examinations following the AIUM guidelines and documenting impressions based on the images obtained during the ultrasound exam. The sonographer documents impressions and images which are provided to the physicians to assist in their interpretation and final diagnosis.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Assists the physicians in executing optimum quality ultrasound exams as per the AIUM protocols in a timely efficient manor while obtaining images that supports the diagnosis documented by the interpreting MD
- Obtains essential information from patients, medical records and previous exams for clinical correlation
- Performs ultrasound scans and provides direct patient care as needed after proper confirmation of study and patient identification
- Effectively communicates differentials to interpreting physicians
- Generates accurate computerized reports for the physicians’ review
- Upon completion of the ultrasound exam, verifying proper documentation in ultrasound reporting system
- Ensures that each assigned room is properly stocked and is prepared for smooth daily patient flow
- Assists with all aspects of sterile ultrasound guided procedures as directed by the interpreting MD
- Prepares the necessary supplies and paperwork to support the physician for sterile procedures
- Observes and follows safety procedures including universal precautions
- Maintains proper HIPPA compliance while maintaining a familiarity to any changes regarding technology and the safety for self, patients and visitors
- Operates the equipment to acquire a variety of imaging results, reports deficiencies to the proper personnel for rectification of any concerns
- Reviews work schedule with Ultrasound Coordinator to assure workload coverage. Assists with back-up coverage for any unscheduled PTO or cross coverage needs
- Graduate of a formal Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program
- Active OB/GYN Registry by American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (RDMS)
- Minimum of 2 years in General/OB/GYN/High Risk ultrasound experience preferred, however would consider providing extensive training for a strong candidate
- Proficient computer skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates the ability to provide excellent customer service
- Must be flexible to travel to all Westmed Medical Group sites that are located in Westchester County.
Westmed Medical Group is a large, award-winning multi-specialty medical practice, with headquarters in Purchase, NY. It is staffed by a team of over 500 Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers who are dedicated to providing coordinated, efficient and the highest quality of patient care at its 13 locations in Westchester County, NY and Fairfield County, CT. The practice, known for its one-stop-shopping medical experience for patients, uses state-of-the-art systems and has a national reputation for measured healthcare excellence. Westmed offers 60+ medical specialties and currently has over 1,000 employees. Our mission is to be your trusted partner in comprehensive, lifelong care. The foundation for service excellence at Westmed Medical Group starts with the patient experience and focusing on the complete total care of our patients. Westmed is recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a Level 3 Medical Home, the highest achievable level. Westmed has been one of 480 Medicare Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) nationwide since 2012, and was ranked a Fortune® 2017 Best Workplaces in Healthcare and in New York State.
Here at Westmed Medical Group, we look for individuals who are interested in and seek a challenging, growth-oriented, dynamic and friendly environment. Individuals with a strong work ethic along with a caring personality are who we find to be most successful here, fitting into our not so basic mantra of simply being “Smart" & “Nice". Our organization is constantly looking to bring on like-minded people who have a genuine interest in helping people and possess an intellectual curiosity to try and do things better and more efficiently. We strive to bring out the best in all of our team members and provide individuals with the support they need to achieve their career aspirations while providing the best quality care to our patients.
We provide a modern office environment, state-of-the-art equipment and technology as well as competitive benefits and salary. Our benefits include medical, dental, free copays for employees who see Westmed physicians, discounted vision glasses, life insurance, AD&D insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401k and profit sharing, flexible spending plans, and more. Westmed Medical Group has also been GreatRated! as a Great Place to Work, the global authority on high-trust, high-performance workplace cultures.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.