Full time No Touch Freight -
Average annual earnings= $69,000.00
Becoming a McLane teammate is to become part of an honest, stable, and reliable company with 125 years of success. We are looking for teammates with perseverance who will take the extra step for our customers, our community, and our company. In return, we will pay you well and offer you the opportunity to go as far in your career as you want to go.
This position is responsible for the safe operation of a tractor-trailer to restaurants and maintain load integrity throughout the route. The position is also responsible for accurately completing delivery documentation according to company procedures. Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
- Drive tractor, maneuvering into position to attach trailer and handle lines to secure.
- Inspect tractor-trailer for defects pre/post trip and submit DOT inspection report indicating condition.
- Inspect bill of lading and store keys for accuracy in off-hour delivery.
- Inspect trailer to ensure product is secure for undamaged transport of product.
- Manage route efficiency driving to restaurant locations and verify correct product is delivered.
- Drive tractor-trailer to destination, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and skill in maneuvering vehicle on the road and on customer premises.
- Maintain driver log (Manual or Peoplenet) according to DOT regulations, documenting delivery receipt, product temperatures and exceptions.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Possess a CDL Class A License; minimum driving experience of 1 years or 50,000 miles tractor-trailer experience (If less, additional training time will be required at the discretion of the RVP) or successful completion of the McLane Driver Academy Training Program.
- Pass DOT physical examination.
- Not have more than two moving violations in past 3 years.
- Not have been convicted of a DWI/DUI within the past 5 years in any vehicle, public or private.
- Have the ability to adjust work schedule to meet customer needs, including working out of town.
- Be able to read and comprehend labels, instructions and bills of lading.
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State Laws as they relate to DOT and any other applicable traffic regulations.
- Be able to drive safely in adverse weather conditions, including darkness, rain, wind, snow or ice.
- Working conditions could contain moderate noise, vibration of vehicle and extreme weather conditions depending on climate.
- The environment includes the tractor trailer and customer facilities.
- Candidates may be subject to a background check and drug screen, in accordance with applicable laws.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
- Traffic Regulations
- Restaurant Operation