To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
6460 Boulder Lake Avenue
San Diego, CA 92119
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Teacher's Assistant- Special Education
Catapult Learning • San Diego, CA
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Springall Academy is a non-public school for students with learning differences in grades 1-12+. With a student population of approximately 50 and a staff of 20, class sizes are small, and teamwork is an essential element leading to the success of the school.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Teaching small group rotations, 1:1 academics and behavior support, reinforcing positive behavior and promoting a safe and nurturing environment.
- Maintain customer focus by relating positively to children and demonstrating professional relationships with parents, children, co-workers, and school staff.
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner which may include updating display areas, rearranging learning materials, maintaining appearance of classroom, organizing supplies
- Attend school functions, staff meetings, workshops, and in-services as required
- Supervise children at all times including playground area, must be able to shift priorities and multi-task as necessary.
- Meet and greet parents, children and visitors on arrival and departure.
- Maintain confidentiality of co-workers, children, and families
- Direct parental contact and information relative to children’s’ progress to teacher or program director.
- Maintain records such as incident and accident reports
- Follow lesson plans as directed by the classroom teacher and implement specific experiences and activities for children.
- Communicate well with others
High school diploma or equivalent, continuing education and early childhood teaching experience preferred or as required by contract.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Must understand that all children can learn. Must demonstrate positive and enthusiastic attitude towards internal and external customers. Must be flexible.
Responsible for updating employee file with continuing education information on a yearly basis.
These are all ideal positions for someone currently enrolled or interested in a special education program and would like to gain classroom experience. There is the potential to move into a teaching position when fully credentialed.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs. Most programs are in school settings.