P1 Group, Inc., is seeking a Facility Management Operations Manager for the Lenexa, KS. office.
Join our P1 Group Team!
Since 1919, P1 Group, Inc. has created a proud tradition, outstanding reputation and proven performance record in the electrical and mechanical construction and building service industries. P1 Group has established itself as one of the premier contractors both locally and across the nation. Offering a challenging and fast-paced work environment, P1 Group takes pride in its ability to maintain a high standard of excellence along with an ethical and friendly business culture. Additionally, the safety program, which includes a full-time staff, has helped the company win numerous national safety awards.
P1 Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
We have a competitive compensation and benefit package.
In this position you will oversee the administration, operations, and business performance of the P1 Group Facility Management Operations (FMO) Contracts. This includes being responsible for achieving the contract revenue and profitability goals and for managing the job performance and investing in the professional development of the assigned engineers and leads/supervisors.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manages Customers and Accounts
- Manages FMO agreements between customers and P1 Group and also manages assigned FMO customer accounts.
- Identifies FMO customer needs that other P1 Group departments can provide and collaborates with them to provide and maintain other P1 services for those customers.
- Works closely with P1 Group Service Managers and Supervisors on all assigned FMO accounts relating to P1 Group maintenance contracts to achieve target customer requirements and P1 Group revenue goals.
- Ensures agreements meet both the owner and company goals.
- Collaborates with customers on a regularly scheduled basis to address any customer or employee issues or concerns using any necessary P1 Group resources.
- Negotiates FMO agreement renewals.
- Monitors new customers.
- Oversees P1 Group FMO employees assigned to them.
- Works closely with P1 Group FMO Resource Supervisor.
- Contract Accounting and Profitability
- Enforces appropriate cost controls. Recognizes and quickly addresses productivity issues.
- Prepares and presents forecast as part of a monthly profit review process to include. If necessary, corrective action to resolve problems and restore quality, safety, productivity, and/or profitability.
- Work closely with P1 Accounting to monitor the billing and collective process to ensure timely, accurate payments and collections.
- Provides continuous timely, accurate, and complete information to the customer and positions direct report and the company’s senior leadership.
- Responds to emails and phone calls from internal and external customers in a timely manner.
- Cooperates and communicates with other P1 Group departments on a daily or as needed basis.
- Responsible for working relationships with Local Unions when a contract requires bargaining union’s participation.
- Responsible for FMO contract budgets and planned gross profit.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of FMO. Has a deep understanding of our assigned customer accounts.
- Routine account updates in order to make process adjustments to improve and meet our financial and customer goals.
- Continuously analyzes assigned accounts for efficiency.
- Manages direct and indirect expenses.
- Managerial Teamwork
- Provides management support as needed for personnel.
- Establishes and maintains collaborative working relationships with owner and onsite staff by providing timely, accurate, and complete information.
- Coordinates with appropriate P1 Group departments for timely delivery of P1 Group support services.
- Provides timely, accurate, and complete information to P1 Group leadership and onsite staff.
- Create an inspiring vision of the future. Motivate and inspire people to engage with that vision. Manage delivery of our vision.
- Support development of field staff.
- Support of P1 Leadership training.
- Lives the P1 Group operating principles and leads in accordance with the company’s leadership model.
- Defines training requirements and coordinates for training interventions that promotes the professional growth of all assigned associates.
- Personnel: Leads, develops, inspires, challenges, coaches, mentors, and promotes professional growth by providing clear expectations; timely, meaningful feedback (to include annual formal performance appraisals) and, as appropriate, recognition, redirection, or positive discipline.
Qualifications and Skills
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- One of the following education paths is also required:
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) in a construction, engineering or business related discipline,
- Or, Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in the facilities service industry.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience directly supervising personnel. This includes direct responsibility for leading and developing personnel, creating a culture of teamwork, employment decisions, performance evaluations, performance improvement meetings.
- Must be able to satisfactorily pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
- Must be able to meet P1 Group qualifications to operate a vehicle on company business. Must be able to satisfactorily pass a motor vehicle record check. Must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must have access to a well-maintained vehicle with an up to date registration with the local Department of Motor Vehicles. Both the incumbent and the vehicle must be currently covered on a personal insurance policy.
- Proficient in using email, database, internet, spreadsheet, and word processing applications (specifically Microsoft Office products).
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrates excellent skills in managing difficult or emotional situations.
- Demonstrates good communication skills including written, verbal, non-verbal, public speaking, active listener.
- Demonstrates initiative and pursues independent professional learning/development.
- Demonstrates critical thinking and problem solving ability.
- Demonstrates management skills including but not limited to:
- Trustworthy, dependable, accountable.
- Creates a culture of teamwork.
- Ability to delegate.
- Able to resolve conflict.
- Able to provide clear and concise direction.
- Ability to adapt to change and embrace technology.
- Demonstrates planning and time management including but not limited to:
- Good planner and organizer.
- Timely decision-making.
- Priority and detail oriented.
- Must be a Leader - Create an inspiring vision of the future. Motivate and inspire people to engage with that vision. Manage delivery of our vision.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Human Resources: email [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Facility Management Operations Manager or call:
Complex Problem Solving