Responsible for administering day to day shipment functions, including domestic and international.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Checks outbound shipments to ensure requirements are fulfilled, incorporating customer provided instructions and contract requirements.
- Ensures requirements are fulfilled to properly classify and route inbound and outbound foreign shipments of raw materials and finished goods.
- Liaison with company appointed customs brokers and freight forwarders to provide proper direction as applied to each import and export shipment.
- Liaison with all outside carrier contacts and work with carrier contacts to ensure service levels are maintained.
- Liaison with manufacturing for planning and scheduling of appropriate equipment to ship finished goods.
- Prepares all paperwork and/or documentation for daily shipments of finished goods, makes packaging recommendations, advises shipping of proper loading sequences, and estimates shipment volume estimates.
- Initiates and follows to conclusion all claims against carriers for loss, damage or overcharge.
PROFILE LEVEL DESCRIPTION
- Has developed specialized skills or is multi-skilled through job-related training and considerable on-the-job experience.
- Completes work with a limited degree of supervision; may act as an informal resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Identifies key issues and patterns from partial/conflicting data.
- Takes a broad perspective to problems and spots new, less obvious solutions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
HS diploma or GED required.
Two-year Associates degree preferred.
1 to 2 years of experience required.
Experience in a transportation/traffic environment with exposure to import/export, Customs, carrier selection, and regulatory training required.
- Completes assignments on or ahead of schedule and accomplishes assigned work in an organized, timely manner.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Can be depended upon to be available for work and to fulfill position responsibilities.
- Teaches, mentors, and coaches new or less-skilled employees.
- Keeps abreast of relevant and current developments, new technologies, business philosophies, industry standards, laws, etc.
For a complete list of competencies, please see the performance management system.
Good interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
Good organizational and time-management skills
Good analytical skills and detail oriented
Packaging And Labeling