G+D Mobile Security is a global mobile security technology company headquartered in Munich, Germany. The company is part of the Giesecke+Devrient group. G+D Mobile Security has a workforce of 5,300 employees and generated sales of EUR 877 m in the 2019 fiscal year. More than 40 sales and partner offices as well as 20+ certified production and personalization sites and data centers ensure customer proximity worldwide.
G+D Mobile Security manages and secures billions of digital identities throughout their entire life cycle. Our products and solutions are used by commercial banks, mobile network operators, car and mobile device manufacturers, business enterprises, transit authorities and health insurances and their customers every day to secure payment, communication and device-to-device interaction. G+D Mobile Security is a technology leader in its markets and holds a strong competitive position.
For more information, please visit: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Solution Architect
G+D Mobile Security’s industry leading eSIM management technologies provide for the remote lifecycle administration of mobile devices, credentials and data. In the IoT and Smart Wearables markets, G+D Mobile Security partners with established enterprise players and innovative start-ups to deliver the highest level of security to the ecosystem. G+D Mobile Security has been trusted by mobile network operators, technology companies, and financial institutions to secure their physical and digital assets for over 160 years.
The Solution Architect position is part of the Solution Sales [SSOL] vertical inside the Trusted Connected Devices [TCD] organization. The Solution Architect interfaces our customers on the technical and strategical levels, being responsible for the gathering and translation of their requirements and creation of the scope and architecture for every opportunity. Our US operations are headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The position, however, can also be based in Toronto, Ontario or Atlanta, GA and requires around 20% of travel.
The Solution Architect is a professional with high degree of technical knowledge in enterprise-grade application, databases, systems integration and different architecture designs. She or he will work closely with Solution Sales Managers, owning the technical solution scope of the pre-sales and sales phases for every opportunity. This includes the overall responsibility for the solution descriptions and statements of work, as well as change requests.
This is a customer focused and facing role. The Solution Architect is responsible to create and establish relationships and delight our customers with outstanding technical skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES (in order of priority)
- Design value added solutions (such as SIM Management, Device Management, eSIM management, Roaming Steering and Credentials Management) for mobile network operators, technology and automotive companies to satisfy customer requirements.
- Write and secure sign-off of solution description documents with the customer
- Conduct technical workshops, present technical solutions/use cases and perform training, demonstrations and consulting services with customers in collaboration with Solution Sales Managers and Customer Service Managers
- Engagement and trust-building with relevant technical stakeholders from customer during solution scoping and design
- Complete the technical SOW in collaboration with Solution Expert and Product Manager in Mobile Security
- Support to and interaction with other jobs an functions:
- Support Customer Service Managers with change requests, renewals, upgrades of deals in regards to technology, training and consulting
- Support Solution Sales Managers with deal shaping, scoping, service architecture, technical competence, change requests, compliance, solution description and documentations, standard offering and customization, training and consulting from RFx process to service implementation
- Support Account Management with service architecture, technical competence, from RFx process to service implementation
- Support Service Owner in shaping service portfolio with input related to technical customer requirements
- Support Project Managers with project kick-offs, change of scope in project execution, verify delivery towards sold services in project closure with regards to customer communication and customizations
- Service Operations during service delivery with regards to customer communication, proactive troubleshooting
- Collect feedback from Regional Head Service & Solution Sales on customer requirements around solutions, products and services from the market
- Follow Professional Services global policies, procedures and tools
- Consider and meet compliance and information security requirements in pre-sales and sales of services
- Evaluate, improve and add applicable work instructions
- Identify and address day-to -day continuous improvement activities towards Regional Service Quality Manager and/or supervisor for further action, related to tools, procedures and compliance fulfilment
- Timely and accurate time reporting
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS:
General education and experience required
- University degree in Computer Science, engineering or related technical field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience architecting service software solutions within the B2B segment ideally in the mobility and IoT space or related telecommunication industry experience.
- Solution Architecture and solution scoping experience
- Experience creating calls flows and design diagrams
- Experience writing technical documents and creating and conducting technical presentations with customers.
- Experience with the integration of proprietary software, different databases and network topologies, cloud technologies and public key infrastructure (PKI).
General knowledge and skills
- Advanced technical skillset in the Solution Sales area, e.g. enterprise-grade application solutions and software-as-a-service
- Service and solution sales knowledge
- Service specific knowledge
- Service Lifecycle Management, SLAs, deployment scenarios
- Market trends (e.g. XaaS, Cloud, Virtualization, Digitalization)
- Knowledge of IT and solution architecture
- Network topologies
- Database concepts (SQL, NoSQL, replication, backup and restore)
- API - Application Programming Interfaces (REST, SOAP)
- Design Architecture (single site, disaster recovery, geographic redundancy)
- Knowledge in scoping and designing value added services for Mobile Network Operator solutions that include, but is not limited to: SMS-based solutions, roaming steering solutions, SIM card centric solutions, mobile device management solutions, Internet-of-Things solutions.
- Knowledge in Mobile Network Operators core infrastructure (UDP, HSS, HLR, MSC, VLR, etc)
- Familiarity with specification documents interpretation
- Understanding of ITIL processes and Service Management
- Basic understanding of the entire development process. Advanced understanding of the sales process
- Accustomed to work with short deadlines in customer engagements
- Ability to present technical information in a pedagogical manner
- Service orientated selling approach
- Customer and service orientation
- Business acumen during pre-sales phase
- Drive for self-learning and improvement
- Ability to adapt to changes
- Ability to follow given processes, procedures and work instructions
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, listening and teamwork skills
- Fluent written and spoken English
Giesecke+Devirent Mobile Security America, Inc. endeavors to make [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Solution Architect accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at
Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity