How does one create availability, confidentiality, and integrity in cloud-based solutions that target colleagues, customers, and c-suite busy VIPs? We have some ideas and experience in this area, but we hope you’ll bring a lot more of both to our energy-creating, fun-loving group of geniuses.
Work you’ll do
You will collaborate with the application architects and dev teams to engineer secure and resilient solutions. Your primary role will be to build out and maintain cloud solutions, but your influence will touch on most areas of the development lifecycle, including continuous integration, test automation, and source control.
As a cloud expert, you will be able to simultaneously see multiple approaches to a solution and use your technical skills to balance business interests and other non-functional concerns.
You will work with teams building mobile solutions as well as those building software to support our Advisory business.
- Work with application architects and developers to design and implement cloud solutions primarily in AWS
- Build repeatable infrastructure through using Infrastructure as Code tools such as Cloud Formation and Terraform
- Ensure that all cloud solutions follow internally defined security and compliance controls
- Perform application monitoring and support activities
- Document work so your findings turn into repeatable actions leading to automation
- Debug production issues across services and stacks.
- Write postmortem incident responses to prevent repeatability and proper root cause tracking
- Plan the growth of portfolio infrastructure.
- Configure build and release (CI/CD) pipelines primarily in Azure DevOps
- Champion the business needs in the SRE and architecture communities
- Lead and mentor junior team members in project delivery and industry best practices
- Champion best-practices, processes, and tools in developing for cloud and mobile
- Participate in on call rotations that occur during normal hours within your time zone
The Advisory and Mobile teams within DAS are people-pleasers. We please customers by building software that exceeds their expectations. We please each other by having *trusted* colleagues across the globe who are able to share load and responsibility to achieve the feat of 24-hour/day productivity.
We love what we do, and we love to spend time with others who love what we do. We also happen to be pretty good at what we do!
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte’s success. ITS is the engine that drives Deloitte, which serves many of the world’s largest, most respected organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The ~2,500 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
- Security, risk & compliance
- Technology support
- Relationship management
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS)
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS) is the internal software and applications development team responsible for delivering leading-edge technologies to Deloitte professionals. Their broad portfolio includes web and mobile productivity tools which empower our people to log expenses, enter timesheets, book travel and more, anywhere, anytime. DAS enables our client service professionals through a comprehensive suite of applications across the business lines. In addition to application delivery, DAS offers full-scale design services, a robust mobile portfolio, cutting-edge analytics, and innovative custom development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or IT-related field
- Minimum of 6+ years of relevant, IT experience
- SME in AWS in cloud-native, IaaS, hybrid solutions, and build and deployment automation (Continuous Integration/Delivery) experience using industry-standard platforms (VSTS, Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity)
- Minimum of 1+ years of leading technical teams
- Minimum of 2+ years of hands-on experience with infrastructure as code automation (CloudFormation, Terraform)
- In depth knowledge of high availability (HA) design and implementation across AWS services
- Understanding of general database technologies and maintenance (RDS, DynamoDB, Redshift, Aurora)
- Familiarity with AWS networking and routing technologies (VPC, Security groups, NACL, Route53, Load Balancing and Availability zones)
- General understanding of AWS security practices (KMS, Secrets Manager, encryption, IAM Roles)
- General knowledge of traditional network, firewalls and load balancers
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Strong technical documentation skills; workflows and support documentation
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
- Ability to travel 10%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- AWS professional-level certification
- Working experience in Azure DevOps, Azure, GCP
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado or Nevada, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and the State of Nevada and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the range is $95,070 to $175,080.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. [ Link removed ] .
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. [ Link removed ] .
Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. [ Link removed ] .
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
As used in this posting, 'Deloitte' means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see [ Link removed ] for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. [ Link removed ] .
Requisition code: 62013
- Amazon Dynamo Db
- Amazon Redshift
- Amazon Relational Database Service
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Vpc)